Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a Restore software?

Default Is there a Restore software?

Is there a Restore software (Suse 11.1) like Win xp got,so I can restore back about 5 days from today?

Thank you be so kind to helping me out.

Michael

Default Re: Is there a Restore software?

There is in YAST / System /System Restoration.

However, you have to manually make a backup of your system before running into a problem. It does not do automatic backups for you.

Quote Originally Posted by foresthill View Post
    There is in YAST / System /System Restoration.

However, you have to manually make a backup of your system before running into a problem. It does not do automatic backups for you.
    I have to manually backup is it easy to do?.
    Is possible could you please help me out hereI don`t know how todo manually.

Thank you your so kind

Michael

As you without any doubt went to YAST / System /System Restoration as foresthill suggested, you may have seen YAST /System /System Backup.

I may be stupid, but that looks to me as the other one of the twins.
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    As you without any doubt went to YAST / System /System Restoration as foresthill suggested, you may have seen YAST /System /System Backup.

I may be stupid, but that looks to me as the other one of the twins.
    Yes I looked into and what should I do (I like going back 5 days )
    is it possible?
    I`m at yast control right now

Not at this point. Unless you do a backup now and wait 5 days. Then you can go 5 days back in time, but not at present.

Quote Originally Posted by foresthill View Post
    Not at this point. Unless you do a backup now and wait 5 days. Then you can go 5 days back in time, but not at present.
    Well I wil delete my User and add a new user for my login.

Thanks be so kind all of you for helping me out,if I have few more Q. all be back.

Michael

That's a bit confusing

How does deleting your user and recreating it equate to rolling your system back 5 days similar to how winows restore would?

It would be completely starting afresh with your user account rather than 'rolling back'

If it's your own user account you like to refresh why not just use Yast's System Backup tool to create a backup of your /home/username directory then use Yast's System Restore to go back to that point five days later

Although why anyone would want to keep going back five days I don't know, you could keep losing things you'd spent time setting up as well as personal files

1michael1

It may be better to tell us what your problem is instead of asking for a solution 'like windows'. I for myself do not even know what works 'like windows' and I am not willing to by any windows software to find out what solution it has, to find out what problem you have. Are you still with me?
    Henk van Velden

hcw

Windows restore is a utility that lets you 'roll back' windows to a previously created 'restore point'

It's great, I especially like the way there are many viruses it automatically restores after antivirus software has tried removing them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast