Thread: Yast refers to repos by repo_? alias

Default Yast refers to repos by repo_? alias

Since I upgraded to 11.1 from 11.0, Yast has started referring to all the repositories by their repo_* aliases rather than by their names.

For instance, it uses repo_1 instead of Main Repository (OSS).

I find this very confusing when I'm trying to determine which version of a package I have installed/want to install. It didn't do this with my 11.0 clean install.

How do I make it use the repository names again? Thanks in advance for any help or pointers.

Default Re: Yast refers to repos by repo_? alias

I find it too confusing (it is confusing only if You got many repositories). In Gnome it's a lot easier as it shows normal names, i assume then that You got KDE ? Just use yast2 gnome version (Yuo need to set it up in YaST sysconfig if i'm not wrong) System-->>YaST2-->>GUI-->> wanted gui. Try that, if you don't like then just reverse it.
    How does a linux geek make love??

- rtfm; unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; umount; zip; sleep;

I too hate this change. I spent an hour trying to work out why I couldn't see anything listed from the packman repo in Yast 2 then realised it was showing as "pm"

Can the developers please change it back to how it used to be?

For what it is worth, I'm also annoyed by this change.. but too lazy to file a bug/feature report.
    Special effects <- KDE 4.2 Showing off
    More KDE -> PINK KDE

It is a pain but you can rename your repos in YaST>Software>Software Repositories>Edit

I also find that if you don't uncheck the remain subscribed box when using 1-click it adds the repo again using a different name

I found the openSUSE bugzilla and there's a bug report for this problem at https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=456099 for the Qt interface. It seems the problem will be fixed.

nzlbob23, thanks, I'll try renaming the repositories. I noticed that a new repository I added through a .ymp file is referred to by the full name rather than by the repo_? alias.