Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible to pass Sax2 an INF file?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Possible to pass Sax2 an INF file?

UPDATE:
    SOLVED!
    i did some research and determined that the DDC option/feature in conjunction with the intel driver does not work properly (at least in my case) because my monitor is connected via a d-sub/vga cable. apparently, d-sub/vga cables lack a pin that dvi cables do not. that pin allows the monitor to be probed and, if i understand correctly, modelines can be automatically determined and piped to the xorg.conf file for automatic configuration.

solution:
    1. use the "NoDDC" option in the xorg.conf 'monitor' section.
    when one disables DDC that means xorg.conf must have a (proper) modeline entered manually to function correctly.
    Well done. Many users have experienced issues with intel drivers and EDID/DDC problems. You would think that when the probing fails, it would fall back to manual modeline entries automaically, without having to disable probing explicitly. Anyway, good work.

Default Re: Possible to pass Sax2 an INF file?

Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    Well done. Many users have experienced issues with intel drivers and EDID/DDC problems. You would think that when the probing fails, it would fall back to manual modeline entries automaically, without having to disable probing explicitly. Anyway, good work.
    i would think that too but does anyone know for sure if it supposed to? if it is supposed to then of course the fact that it doesn't would likely mean it is a bug.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12