okular vs. kpdf

When printing a pdf from okular the printed version is never properly centered on the page, with part of the pdf not printed at all. When printing the exact same pdf from kpdf there is no issue. Is there some setting in okular that can be adjusted to fix that?

According to the most recent KDE digest, okular is still under development. So it’s probably better to use kpdf for the things that aren’t yet right on it.

I used to print perfectly with openSUSE 11.1 (x86_64).
Since a few days, printing with Okular is broken again: Okular Version 0.8.80 - Using KDE 4.2.90 (KDE 4.2.90 (KDE 4.3 Beta2)) “release 138”.

I installed Adobe Reader 8 Version 8.1.5 03/05/2009 and everything semes OK.

There might be a problem with the page margins in okular, try fixing that. Use print preview to confirm before printing it.

Nope.

Print preview is fine, but print is shifted right and down with part of the pdf not printed at all.

Bye.

acez wrote:

> Print preview is fine, but print is shifted right and down with part of
> the pdf not printed at all.

In the print dialog to the right of the printer is the properties button.
Click it and check the paper size and margins on the following dialog.

Vriendelijke groeten/Kind regards,

Menno

Menù “View” → “Trim Margins” is selected
Menù “File” → “Print Preview” shows a perfect page
Paper size is A4 (same as printer)
Margins (all of them) are set to 0,42 cm (0,17 in)

The print has an upper margine of about 11,00 cm and a left margin of about 7,00 cm. Of course, with such margins part of the pdf is not printed.

I’ll wait for a software upgrade (maybe it’s related to the fact that my KDE is a beta version).

Thanks a lot.

Bye.

Just upgraded to KDE 4.2.95 (KDE 4.3 RC1) “release 139”, Okular
Version 0.8.90!

Regression is gone and prints are perfect again!