Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11.1 sound question.

Blog Entries

Default Re: 11.1 sound question.

Quote Originally Posted by spiro2903 View Post
    after i did : su -c 'rcalsasound restart' it works...then what is happening? each time it starts an update it has no sound,after i restart it it works fine...????
    spiro2903, I do not like supporting multiple users on the same thread. The reason being it gets very confusing for me, as in previous threads where many users jumped in looking for help, I have had to search back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth, to try and see what is the hardware/configuration for each user. Its far too difficult, and its TOTALLY UNNECESSARY when a new thread is much easier.

I eventually got too frustrated, and I now refuse to do it. This thread was started by user average_guy, and I will only help him in this thread. I will only help others with a new thread.

Maybe some one else will pitch in and help you.

Good luck.

Looks like the guys at Fedora figured this one out already, I thought it looked familiar. Alsa 1.0.18 seems to have breakage with snd_hda_intel. If you roll back to a kernel with an older ALSA release, you should be fine.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=477954

Cheers, HTH!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by potatomash View Post
    Looks like the guys at Fedora figured this one out already, I thought it looked familiar. Alsa 1.0.18 seems to have breakage with snd_hda_intel. If you roll back to a kernel with an older ALSA release, you should be fine.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=477954
    One must be careful with generalizations like this. I have a laptop that is using the 1.0.18 version of alsa, and it uses snd_hda_intel and it has no similar problem.

Often alsa sound problems, when they occur, tend to be codec specific, and generalizations/fixes from another distro may work, but can lead to the wrong solution for other users and cause even more problems. This is especially true for different codecs and different kernel builds by different packagers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12