Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Newbie help ~ Warcraft

  1. #1

    Default Newbie help ~ Warcraft

    Hi all,

    I installed and unintalled Wine originally from the software add-on (Yast) and I deleted away the WarcraftIII folder cos I do it wrongly.

    I found some guide and read Wine forum but still couldn;t understand how it works.

    can some one teach me?

    There are too many patch/version of wine and i don;t know which is the correct one.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    249

    Default Re: Newbie help ~ Warcraft

    In the community repositories is a Wine repository. Enable that and then install via the software manager. You will have the latest Wine.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Newbie help ~ Warcraft

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    In the community repositories is a Wine repository. Enable that and then install via the software manager. You will have the latest Wine.
    oic. so i gotta reinstall the wine (latest version) back using Yast right?

    Ok, I got question.

    When I double click warcraft.exe and it will prompt me the directory to install. somehow i couldn;t find

    Code:
    wine "/media/dvd/setup.exe" or wine "/media/c/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe"
    can tell me how should i do it?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    relative
    Posts
    1,172

    Default Re: Newbie help ~ Warcraft

    If you are installing some software with Wine the default installation patch is
    Code:
    C:\Program Files\
    This means that the program will be installed to
    Code:
    /home/<userName>/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/
    http://mydailyhash.wordpress.com/
    http://yami.googlecode.com/

  5. #5

    Default Re: Newbie help ~ Warcraft

    Quote Originally Posted by ram88 View Post
    If you are installing some software with Wine the default installation patch is
    Code:
    C:\Program Files\
    This means that the program will be installed to
    Code:
    /home/<userName>/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/
    Done. Thanks.

    Now, I select Warcraft; frozen throne icon. It prompt me error - 'No Disc' and follow by I retry or cancel option.

    I already have CD installed and then CD still in CD-ROM tray.

    What is happening?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    relative
    Posts
    1,172

    Default Re: Newbie help ~ Warcraft

    Wine need to detect your drive. In konsole type:
    Code:
    winecfg
    Here select the Drives tab. Hit the add button and select the patch for your DVD drive.
    http://mydailyhash.wordpress.com/
    http://yami.googlecode.com/

  7. #7

    Default Re: Newbie help ~ Warcraft

    Quote Originally Posted by ram88 View Post
    Wine need to detect your drive. In konsole type:
    Code:
    winecfg
    Here select the Drives tab. Hit the add button and select the patch for your DVD drive.
    I type winecfg, I add another drive and map as DVD/CD-ROM under Drive tab and click ok.

    But still can't detect my CD.

    can help me

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    relative
    Posts
    1,172

    Default Re: Newbie help ~ Warcraft

    Take your Warcraft III CD into the drive. Check that it is mounted (you can browse the content of the CD in a filemanager). Go again to winecfg Driver tab, and hit the Autodetect button.
    Try to start Warcraft now.

    ps.: the same thing can happen if you are using some copy of the original Warcraft III CD
    http://mydailyhash.wordpress.com/
    http://yami.googlecode.com/

  9. #9

    Default Re: Newbie help ~ Warcraft

    Or get yourself a copy of the no-CD patched exe file so you don't need the original CD after installation.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Newbie help ~ Warcraft

    Quote Originally Posted by ram88 View Post
    Take your Warcraft III CD into the drive. Check that it is mounted (you can browse the content of the CD in a filemanager). Go again to winecfg Driver tab, and hit the Autodetect button.
    Try to start Warcraft now.

    ps.: the same thing can happen if you are using some copy of the original Warcraft III CD
    No,it still don't work.
    I can view all file in media-DVD ROM but still cant detect my disc when i launch frozen throne after followed your guide.

    PS: my cd pack is original. I bought it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •