Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unable to update Suse 11

Default Re: Unable to update Suse 11

Thanks for the instructions. I have most of my stuff backed up, so I can feel fairly relaxed about all this.I also have a few spare hard drives with windows or Suse 10.3 installed kicking around that I can just throw in and go. I can get what I need off my hard windows partition that way, if whatever happens prevents me from running windows also. I will do whatever works. I can upgrade properly later if I need to. I'm glad it's the holidays and I have some spare time. Thanks again.

Ingvar

Blog Entries

A live cd like mepis with a root login is good for picking files up from just about any drive, I think the suse cd will do it to.
    Tumbleweed_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

It didn't work. I couldn't boot into Linux when I finished. I am getting rather tired now and non-functional. So I'm going to sleep and fix this in the morning, perhaps by installing 11.1. We'll see. It was complaining about partitions not being mounted and stuff like that. I unplugged the computer and restarted, then booted to windows. I have a program called Explore2fs on my windows side of things and it tells me my files in the Linux partition are still there. This is good. Would I lose them if I install 11.1 on top of what I have there now? Thanks again for all the help.

Ingvar

Blog Entries

You can keep your /home as is, do not format during a new install. Use the same username. That will keep all your user settings and files.

But you will have to re-install all your 3rd party applications, you know, all the multi-media stuff etc..
    Tumbleweed_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12