Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weird kaffeine problem

Default Re: Weird kaffeine problem

Well what do You know, it helped
    I'm not sure what but i think it was kdelibs3 from KDE backports that caused some problems. Can't point it to exact package because i downgraded everything
    How does a linux geek make love??

- rtfm; unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; umount; zip; sleep;

There should be a sticky to avoid enabling these repositories, such problems like these make people think it's the OS fault...

- rtfm; unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; umount; zip; sleep;

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBendingRodriguez View Post
    rpm -qa | grep ffmpeg

ffmpeg-0.4.9.16240svn-20081219.pm.2021
    I forgot to mention, ....

I recommend you install libffmpeg0 (packaged by Packman). My view is that libffmpeg0 is a better app to install than w32codec-all, all thou both are good, and adding both is IMHO a good idea. By adding libffmpeg0, that will provide some dependencies, and some of these dependencies will include codecs that do not come with w32codec-all.

Well i did and it didn't add any other packages, i got w32, libxine1, libxine-codecs. I don't use gstreamer since yauap in amarok had such crappy quality when playing mp3.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12