Thread: compiling imwheel

tar0n NNTP User

Default compiling imwheel

I am willing to install imwheel to get my mouse buttons work. It seems that there is no repository containing imwheel for Opensuse, and I found it also on the wishlist.

So I downloaded the source, extracted it and ran ./configure, but then I got this: Error: IMWheel depends on the X11 libraries

Here's the full text: nopaste.biz - the classic style pastebin.

What do I have to do to get it working?

Default Re: compiling imwheel

I just recently compiled imwheel and I had the same problem. If I recall correctly I used:

Code:
    ./configure --prefix=/opt/kde3
    to get it to work correctly. You can check what your prefix is to add to the config by entering:

Code:
    kde-config -prefix
    in a konsole window. This can then be added to your config. I'm running openSUSE 11.1 with KDE4 so of course if your using Gnome this may be different.

tar0n NNTP User

Well, unfortunately I am using Gnome...

Do you have the xorg-x11-devel package installed?

Quote Originally Posted by Gumper View Post
    I just recently compiled imwheel and I had the same problem. If I recall correctly I used:

Code:
    ./configure --prefix=/opt/kde3
    to get it to work correctly. You can check what your prefix is to add to the config by entering:

Code:
    kde-config -prefix
    in a konsole window. This can then be added to your config. I'm running openSUSE 11.1 with KDE4 so of course if your using Gnome this may be different.
    The --prefix option tells configure where to install the software when 'make install' is executed. It doesn't tell configure where to find libraries. According to ./configure --help, the --x-includes= and --x-libraries= would probably be the relevant options.

That said, if the xorg-x11-devel package is installed (as it is on my system) then ./configure will succeed without needing to specify the location of the X11 libraries.