Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Dolphin exits on start

  1. #1

    Default Dolphin exits on start

    Dolphin has started acting weird on me.

    When I click, it loads, displays the view and then immediately exit again.

    When I run from the terminal I get this message:

    Code:
    bj@linux-9e18:~> dolphin
    Object::connect: No such signal DolphinView::redirection(KUrl,KUrl)
    Object::connect: No such signal DolphinView::redirection(KUrl,KUrl)
    bj@linux-9e18:~> dolphin: symbol lookup error: dolphin: undefined symbol: _ZN24KonqFileItemCapabilitiesC1ERK13KFileItemList
    Anyone have any advice on this?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,729
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Dolphin exits on start

    If you re-name the hidden .kde4 folder to .kde4old

    command from a CLI login
    mv /home/uernme/.kde4 .kde4old

    or do it from kde3 or icewm, then
    do Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

    It should be like a new login. How does dolphin behave now
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    near SUSE Headquarter
    Posts
    237

    Default Re: Dolphin exits on start

    Fix your inconsistent system installation. As you didn't describe how you installed your current rpms, no further help is possible.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Dolphin exits on start

    Quote Originally Posted by Beineri View Post
    Fix your inconsistent system installation. As you didn't describe how you installed your current rpms, no further help is possible.
    I didn't install it myself, it tagged along when i installed opensuse.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Dolphin exits on start

    Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    It should be like a new login. How does dolphin behave now
    Opens and quits immediately.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Dolphin exits on start

    Do you have it set to open with a network folder? Unbelievably, that can make it crash.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Dolphin exits on start

    Quote Originally Posted by Caracalla View Post
    Do you have it set to open with a network folder? Unbelievably, that can make it crash.
    Nope, not that either. I hadn't changed any settings in it when it started behaving badly.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Dolphin exits on start

    *nudge* *bump*

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,729
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Dolphin exits on start

    Try going to Yast security and users - user management

    create a new user (we can always delete it later) it just helps us establish where the fault lies

    when done - logout and then back in with the new user name on kde4

    see how dolphin is
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vsters, Sweden ex. Highbury London UK
    Posts
    1,245

    Default Re: Dolphin exits on start

    Try going to yast > software and update dolphin it may be a dependency issue.
    Right click on it and choose update.

    Geoff

    Quote Originally Posted by closecut View Post
    Dolphin has started acting weird on me.

    When I click, it loads, displays the view and then immediately exit again.

    When I run from the terminal I get this message:

    Code:
    bj@linux-9e18:~> dolphin
    Object::connect: No such signal DolphinView::redirection(KUrl,KUrl)
    Object::connect: No such signal DolphinView::redirection(KUrl,KUrl)
    bj@linux-9e18:~> dolphin: symbol lookup error: dolphin: undefined symbol: _ZN24KonqFileItemCapabilitiesC1ERK13KFileItemList
    Anyone have any advice on this?
    Core 2 Duo 3.16GHz, 8GB DDR2, 3.5TB, GeForce 9600 GT, Amilo LCD 26", OS 11.1 x86_64, KDE4.2.4 (2)
    My wine tips & tricks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •