opensuse11.1 compiz on intel 945gm and kde4

Hi all. Just today i installed this new os, with kde4. I tried to enable 3d effects, but nothing, simply no effects! No emerald, no cube, etc. 3d accel is enabled in sax, and i have been used those effects on the same machine from the times of suse 10, so i’m sure that the pc is supported. Just to make the configs i have installed fusion-icon as usual. Changing the window manager does not produce any effect. Any idea? Thanks for your reading

I’m having the same kinda problem on GNOME.

I just receive the message:

Desktop effects are not supported on your current hardware / configuration. Would you like to activate them anyway?

Hi. Actually i confirm that this chip (i945gm) is supported. And since my last post i am now using 3d effects without any furter configuration. Simply i was using to the old way of configuring/enabling them. In kde4 i have to use it’s control panel. Anyway it does not still works good like the previous versions. And also i’ve not able to find the old goog config files. If you have an old opensuse installation with compiz installed, you could check the file /etc/X11/xgl-hardware-list. It clearly shows that the chip is supported. So check your installation (compiz, emerald and so on) I hope you will solve