Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Issues with Unrar and Ark with opensuse 11.1

  1. #1

    Default Issues with Unrar and Ark with opensuse 11.1

    I have some multipart .rar files that I'm trying to uncompress. I installed unrar and attempted to extract the files with ark. All seemed to go well but after extraction only the first 150-175mb of the file gets extracted. Does ayone know what may be causing this issue and how I can go about extracting a .rar file properly?

    I'm running 11.1 with KDE 4.1. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vsters, Sweden ex. Highbury London UK
    Posts
    1,245

    Default Re: Issues with Unrar and Ark with opensuse 11.1

    I find that xarchiver works better with rar files
    You should see it in yast if not you can get it here

    Geoff

    ps make sure you have rar installed in yast
    Core 2 Duo 3.16GHz, 8GB DDR2, 3.5TB, GeForce 9600 GT, Amilo LCD 26", OS 11.1 x86_64, KDE4.2.4 (2)
    My wine tips & tricks

  3. #3

    Default Re: Issues with Unrar and Ark with opensuse 11.1

    Xarchiver did the trick, thanks for the advice!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •