Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Truecrypt 6.1a on openSUSE 11.1

dsbahr NNTP User

Default Truecrypt 6.1a on openSUSE 11.1

Hi, I'm a new openSuse user, and I need to use Truecrypt.

I couldn't find it through Yast, so I have installed the rpm package on truecrypts homepage, version 6.1.a.

Everything went smooth, but when I try to mount/dismount a volume, truecrypts freezes, and stops working. This happens every time.

I do not get any kind of error messages, and I have no idea of, what the problem might be?

The encrypted volumes are in NTFS file format. In Ubuntu this didn't seem to be a problem, is this different in Suse? I use KDE4 in Suse.

Has someone experienced a similar problem, and found a solution for this?

Besides that, thumbs up, I'm very impressed with openSUSE so far

- dsbahr

swalko NNTP User

Default Re: Truecrypt 6.1a on openSUSE 11.1

Quote Originally Posted by dsbahr View Post
    Hi, I'm a new openSuse user, and I need to use Truecrypt.

I couldn't find it through Yast, so I have installed the rpm package on truecrypts homepage, version 6.1.a.

Everything went smooth, but when I try to mount/dismount a volume, truecrypts freezes, and stops working. This happens every time.

I do not get any kind of error messages, and I have no idea of, what the problem might be?

The encrypted volumes are in NTFS file format. In Ubuntu this didn't seem to be a problem, is this different in Suse? I use KDE4 in Suse.

Has someone experienced a similar problem, and found a solution for this?

Besides that, thumbs up, I'm very impressed with openSUSE so far

- dsbahr
    I have same problem.

It's working perfect for me in Gnome SUSE 11.1, my first guess is that this is caused by KDE

revidiego NNTP User

Opensuse 11.1 x64, Gnome, truecrypt 6.1a don't work. truecrypt stop when mount disk. It's the same when is an external or internal disk.

Unhappy Re: Truecrypt 6.1a on openSUSE 11.1

Same for me !

A fix please

Try contacting truecrypt about this, as it's likely the problem is on their end. (Or they can find what in OS is causing it exactly to be fixed). I believe their unusual license clause prevents opensuse inclusion, so it wouldn't hurt to bug them about that too -- then opensuse could ensure compatibility directly

adalbertus01 NNTP User

Angry Re: Truecrypt 6.1a on openSUSE 11.1

Same problem. Truecrypt 6.1a doesn't work on openSUSE 11.1 x64. But works perfectly on Ubuntu 8.10 x64 with the same kernel version (2.6.27.7-9).

Truecrypt 6.1a works fine for me on openSUSE 11.1 64-bit. I'm using a FAT volume (so I can use it on Windows too).

Quote Originally Posted by rjwilmsi View Post
    Truecrypt 6.1a works fine for me on openSUSE 11.1 64-bit. I'm using a FAT volume (so I can use it on Windows too).
    Working fine for me as well with the same setup as your's.

I think the problem is the NTFS-Container!
    When i create one container, i have only the possibility to select FAT, ext2 or ext3. And when i create one in FAT it is possible to use. The only thing is with my old container in NTFS.
    Why i can not select NTFS when creating a container?

Greetings and Merry Xmas

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast