Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how do I forwarding port in ktorrent

Default how do I forwarding port in ktorrent

I have ktorrent installed and I am using a Cisco wrt54gl router , I have no problems when I am using windows portforwarding but I am not sure whats going on in Opensuse.
    I used whereis ifconfig to find ifconfig and then I /sbin/ifconfig which gave me my internal ip. I then forwarded the port using that ip but it seems that the port isn't actually forwarded according to the Revolution torrent site

Blog Entries

Default Re: how do I forwarding port in ktorrent

you need to add the port/s you are using tcp and or udp in the firewall.

Yast - Security - Firewall
    Allowed Services - Advanced
    add the port number in the relevant place
    finish

configure your router
    PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall
    Leap 15_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
    I have ktorrent installed and I am using a Cisco wrt54gl router , I have no problems when I am using windows portforwarding but I am not sure whats going on in Opensuse.
    I used whereis ifconfig to find ifconfig and then I /sbin/ifconfig which gave me my internal ip. I then forwarded the port using that ip but it seems that the port isn't actually forwarded according to the Revolution torrent site
    This might be worth a read:
    HowTo Configure (K)torrent through a Router and Firewall protecting a Home Lan [Linux]

And in addition let TCP 6881 and UDP 4444 through SuSEfirewall2 ---> Link to HowTo
    Last edited by swerdna; 19-Nov-2008 at 23:28.
    Leap 42.3 & 15.1(Beta) &KDE
    FYIs from the days of yore

Quote Originally Posted by swerdna View Post
    This might be worth a read:
    HowTo Configure (K)torrent through a Router and Firewall protecting a Home Lan [Linux]

And in addition let TCP 6881 and UDP 4444 through SuSEfirewall2 ---> Link to HowTo
    When I follow the instructions listed in the highlighter we address I lose my connection

Blog Entries

When I follow the instructions listed in the highlighter we address I lose my connection
    Can you explain that more fully, I don't understand?

Quote Originally Posted by swerdna View Post
    Can you explain that more fully, I don't understand?
    ok I go to this website HowTo Configure (K)torrent through a Router and Firewall protecting a Home Lan [Linux] and follow the instructions on how to " Change the computer that uses Ktorrent to Fixed IP addressing" and I lose my connection I have to change from static ip back to DHCP so I can have acess to the internet

Blog Entries

ok I go to this website HowTo Configure (K)torrent through a Router and Firewall protecting a Home Lan [Linux] and follow the instructions on how to " Change the computer that uses Ktorrent to Fixed IP addressing" and I lose my connection I have to change from static ip back to DHCP so I can have acess to the internet
    OK thanks for that. You probably missed something in the configuration for a fixed OP. A fixed IP generally/often needs you to additionally configure in the I.P. address of your gateway and the I.P> addresses of the Name Servers provided by your ISP.

Take a look at this: HowTo Configure a network card in Suse/openSUSE 10, 11 for LAN and Internet Access.
    and have a look at Pics number 1, 2, 6, 7, 8 and 9

I went over those instructions and even tried them but the result is the same, I lose my connection to the internet. I know that it is something that I am doing but I just cannot figure it out what it is... the only thing that I cannot do is Activate/check "Change /etc/resolv.conf manually" for some reason it is grayed out

Blog Entries

Are you using a router?
    and
    What version of Ssue are you using?

Blog Entries

The OP said:
    Cisco wrt54gl router
    I agree with swerdna, you must be missing something. All you have to do is open the ports in the firewall. And the same in your router.
    I supplied a link to help with router because we don't know the setup of ALL router, and that link should give you a step by step guide.
    In my router it is in a section 'Firewall Rules' and 'Services'

'Services': Is where you add the service name (ktorrent) and port number and whether tcp/udp or both

'Firewall Rules': Here you add the service you just set up in services (ktorrent) and assign rules. For me it's ALLOW ALWAYS with my IP address on the LAN!!! (Make sure you are adding the LAN IP not your Internet IP)
    All rules must come before any default rules in each section In and Out
    Leap 15_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast