Thread: KDE 4 Bottom panel

Default KDE 4 Bottom panel

We have SUSE11-64 and KDE4 on both mine and the wife PC.
    She has messed with something and managed to get the icons along the bottom bar to all move to the left. The clock, new device notifier and a couple of other icons were on the right before but now sit next to the the group on the left.
    I have tried all sorts to move them back but cannot seem to do it. Do any of you knowledgeable people know how to move them back?
    I have tried right clicking on them and selecting move but they will not move away from the normal left side icons.

Default Re: KDE 4 Bottom panel

are you using kde 4.0.4 or the curruent 4.1.3?
    i'm not sure about 4.0.4 but in 4.1.3 you can right click on the panel goto panel settings there you can move your icons by hovering over them

It is 4.0.4, and I have found that you can also right click and select move, but it only lets me move them to change the order while keeping them on the left and will not move them away from the existing left icons.
    Is there anything to be gained by changing to 4.1.3?

Quote Originally Posted by madmanbob View Post
    Is there anything to be gained by changing to 4.1.3?
    Aside from being able to re-arrange your panel icons etc., you will find it much more stable and functional than 4.0.

Just my 2c...

Cheers,
    KV

Blog Entries

add these repo's to upgrade

KDE4 Factory:

Desktop:
    Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.0

Extra:
    Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Extra-Apps/openSUSE_11.0

Community:
    Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_11.0_KDE4_Factory_Desktop

QT:
    Index of /repositories/KDE:/Qt/openSUSE_11.0

You will need to do a upgrade all unconditionally in each of those repo's (you may have nothing installed from some).
    Use Yast - Software Management to do this
    In order to mark the unconditional upgrade, temporarily uncheck the dependency check - just until you are ready to accept - then check it.

Report back if you have some errors.

You might want to do this from a terminal:
    (It will mean you start with a completely new .kde4 settings)
    You need to do this from another desktop (icewm, kde3, gnome) or outside the desktop environment.

mv /home/uernme/.kde4 .kde4old
    Leap 15_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

It seems that I have changed my KDE to 4.1.3. Not sure how I did it but I clicked on a "1 click install" button and it just happened.
    That does not help with the bottom panel problem that my wife is having though. I am reluctant to mess with anything on her PC till I have sorted this problem out. Any ideas?

What do you see when you right click on panel and go to Panel Settings OR when you click the cashew shaped thing at the right most end of the panel?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by madmanbob View Post
    It seems that I have changed my KDE to 4.1.3. Not sure how I did it but I clicked on a "1 click install" button and it just happened.
    That does not help with the bottom panel problem that my wife is having though. I am reluctant to mess with anything on her PC till I have sorted this problem out. Any ideas?
    As I suggested earlier - have you tried this.

You might want to do this from a terminal:
    (It will mean you start with a completely new .kde4 settings)
    You need to do this from another desktop (icewm, kde3, gnome) or outside the desktop environment.

mv /home/uernme/.kde4 .kde4old
    I have had this issue with the panel myself and I'm sorry to say, there is no easy solution - but try as I suggest. For me, in the past, the first login is ok, but the second everything is a mess in the panel. I couldn't find a reason for it or how I really solved the issue. Though I did end up editing some cofig files. See how you go first starting a new .kde4 folder
    Leap 15_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below