Thread: Flash64 it's no dream & it works!!!

Default Flash64 it's no dream & it works!!!

I know there are at least 2 other posts on this but I'm putting this here so 1st more people will see it & I'll put in step by step of how I did it!
    1)go here Adobe Labs - Downloads: Flash Player 10
    what you're looking for is the tar.gz 3rd from bottom
    2)Dl'd to desktop or wherever put your dl'ds close Fx
    3)delete flash9 Open Yast Type in Search "flash-player" right click
    select delete
    3a If you have not already done so type "extract" in search in the right pane find kde4-ExtractAndCompress click it for install
    click Accept
    4)after yast is done go to the folder you have Dl'd flash10 to
    5)right click the tar.gz select extract here
    6) you'll get an item called libflashplayer.so
    7)(not the best way But WFM)Logout(not restart) Logout log back in as root (be careful!!)
    8)Once in root open 2 dolphin windows
    9)in one click Root look for home folder open that look for your /homeusername open that in there look for where you've got your libflashplayer.so open that
    10)now go to the other window click Root look for /usr/lib64/browser-plugins
    11)Drag&Drop the libflashplayer.so from your /homeuser to the /usr/lib64/browser-plugin folder
    12) close both windows logout log back in as User. then check using aboutlugins in the Fx addressbar or any page with flash video. If all has gone well you'll have Flash10 for 64
    Acknowledgements to SauronXXX & pbleser for inspiring me to try this.
    Finally, I know my way isn't the best way but my personal CLI expreience & experiences is & have been terrible! I wrote it this way for those that have the same problems I do. Also,it is my hope that someone with better experience with CLI will educate people like me.
    We are what we think.
    All that we are arises with our thoughts.
    With our thoughts we make the world.

My 64 bit: Gateway 5670 UPDATED | RADEON RX 570 |CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600
    Opensuse Tumbleweed Plasma 5

Default Re: Flash64 it's no dream & it works!!!

This is how I did it leaving FashPlayer 9 alone.

Installed on my Suse 11.0 /w KDE 4.1.3-54.15, Firefox 3.0.3 it works for me so far.

I downloaded here:
    Adobe Labs - Downloads: Flash Player 10

Quit Firefox.

Started YaST Software manager and deleted libflashsupport only, leave FlashPlayer 9 alone.

Started Korqueror SU because Dophin SU borked.

Extracted libflashplayer.so copied into /usr/lib/browser-plugins

Restarted Firefox reports flash 10 plugin in addons and it workes for me.
    A flash site a freind is working on now works flawless now as before it gave version error.

WOOT!

Thats it.

It is MUCH better to do this via CLI, or at least by opening a super-user Konqueror file management window (it's in the menu).

First, check that /home/user/.mozilla/plugins/ directory exists. If not, create it.

Then type:

Code:
    cp /path/to/libflashplayer.so /home/user/.mozilla/plugins/
    The above target location was listed in the Linux release notes on the Adobe website for the plugin.

If you want to use a different location, just become root by typing "su" and entering your password. Then use the above as a model, replacing the destination (the second) directory with the one of your choosing.

Quote Originally Posted by einheit47 View Post
    It is MUCH better to do this via CLI, or at least by opening a super-user Konqueror file management window (it's in the menu).

First, check that /home/user/.mozilla/plugins/ directory exists. If not, create it.

Then type:

Code:
    cp /path/to/libflashplayer.so /home/user/.mozilla/plugins/
    The above target location was listed in the Linux release notes on the Adobe website for the plugin.

If you want to use a different location, just become root by typing "su" and entering your password. Then use the above as a model, replacing the destination (the second) directory with the one of your choosing.
    I agree with the Konqueror SU method that is the way I'd have done it but I'm exclusively KDE4 which does not have a usable SU
    Mode for dolphin yet. It'd have been a lot easier perhaps 4.2 will have an SU Mode for dolphin.
    One other thing the reason I put the libflashplayer.so into
    /usr/lib64/browser-plugins
    so that it could be used by Opera.
    When I did to their instructions Opera lost flash.
    Finally, thanks einheit for writing how to do the CLI it is way easier!
    We are what we think.

I appear to have a Dolphin su mode (4.1.3 release 55.2). And in any case, you should have the Konqueror su mode unless you deleted it. It was part of the default KDE4 install on 11.0 (from the live cd anyway).

Hey wouldn't you know it! After I install Flash10 for 64bit I update to KDE 4.1.3 release 58.1 today & for me it now has an SU Mode
    I personally did not have SU mode in the prior release which was 55.2 that's why I did it the really hard way. That release gave something about klauncher not having .service files(whatever those were). Anyway I got an SU mode now. At least when Adobe gets to the Beta for Flash 10 x86_64 it'll be much easier.
    Life is not only stranger than you think sometimes it's stranger than you can think.
    We are what we think.

Thanks a lot. I'd been trying for a while to get flash working in 64-bit Firefox. I was missing that all important file from the Adobe web site.
    Office: 64-bit OpenSuse 12.1 KDE 4.7 nvidia with nouveau driver
    Home: 64-bit OpenSuse 12.1 KDE 4.7 ATI Audiophile2496