Thread: HDR & panorama/stitching software

Question HDR & panorama/stitching software

Is there any simple software la Photomatix (HDR) or PTGUI (panorama-pictures and stitching/blending) available for OpenSuSe 11?

Best regards
    Ungua

Blog Entries

Default Re: HDR & panorama/stitching software

I use autostitch, and I run it under wine. It works well, and its very easy to use. AutoStitch

hugin - is very good for panorama creation

and as for HDRi in linux there many command line tools and some gui...

this as example...

Qtpfsgui - News
    intelGMA3100#amd|radeonHD4200+radeonHD5450@catalyst12.4
    WC5020B,PagePro1480MF,LBP2900,hpCP1510,PHOTO1290,Scanmaker3600,PerfectionV200

Thank you for your fast and helpfull replies! Autostitch did not start in a first attempt, because I lack Wine - I guess I can just install it with Yast, but there was a Wine-symbol and the name was shown in the task bar, does that mean anything? (screenshot).

Upon installation of Qtpfsgui there was an error with the "One click install"*, but downloading the .rpm-file worked well. Thank you very much!

Best regards
    Ungua

*"UI syntax error - no widget with ID 'progress_replace_point' - Check the log file!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ungua View Post
    Thank you for your fast and helpfull replies! Autostitch did not start in a first attempt, because I lack Wine - I guess I can just install it with Yast, but there was a Wine-symbol and the name was shown in the task bar, does that mean anything? (screenshot).
    It looks to me that you tried to run the application from konqueror, by simply clicking on the executable. I confess I have never tried to run it that way.

Instead I have wine installed, and I have "autostitch.exe" in a directory called /home/oldcpu/panorama, and to start the program I simply open a kde konsole and I type:
    Code:
    cd /home/oldcpu/panorama
    wine autostitch.exe
    You can get wine from the OSS repository:
    Code:
    http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.0/repo/oss/suse
    or you can get a more "cutting edge/state of the art" version of wine from the build service directory for wine (which is where I obtain my wine version from):
    Code:
    http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Emulators:/Wine/openSUSE_11.0
    You can find out the above information about where pre-compiled and packaged versions of wine are located from simply doing a search on webpin: Webpin search for wine

I confess while I always preach to setup one's software management with ONLY oss, non-oss, update, and packman (with guidance here: Repositories/11.0 - openSUSE-Community ) and setup NO others ... NONE, ... in truth I also add a 5th repos, which is the wine repos, which you can add by:
    Code:
    su -c 'zypper ar http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Emulators:/Wine/openSUSE_11.0 wine'
    Then install wine with:
    Code:
    su -c 'zypper install wine'
    Once wine is installed, and autostitch.exe is on your hard drive, you can follow my above suggestion, by running it with: wine autostitch.exe

Excellent! This is the first time Wine works for me. Feels like a historic moment, actually.

Have a nice weekend!
    Ungua