Thread: ouch

Exclamation ouch

Ok with no internet access except winblows. I was able to madwifi d/l and extracted but i absolutely cant figure out how to get it run in terminal to compile itself and install i have tried ./install $ make ./makefile sudo make and sudo install . I either get permission denied or nothing happens any ideas . becuase with out mad wifi installed my open suse will die. ill have to reinstall kubuntu . If i cant get this thing compiled

wolf stars

Blog Entries

Default Re: ouch

Quote Originally Posted by WolfStars View Post
    Ok with no internet access except winblows. I was able to madwifi d/l and extracted but i absolutely cant figure out how to get it run in terminal to compile itself and install i have tried ./install $ make ./makefile sudo make and sudo install . I either get permission denied or nothing happens any ideas . becuase with out mad wifi installed my open suse will die. ill have to reinstall kubuntu . If i cant get this thing compiled

wolf stars
    Good that you couldn't. Better to install it via RPMs specially packaged and tested. Check how to install madwifi by installing two RPMs here:
    Madwifi or Ndiswrapper Wireless Network Drivers - Suse/openSUSE 10, 11 - LAN & Internet access
    Leap 42.3 & 15.1(Beta) &KDE
    FYIs from the days of yore

Default Re: ouch

well get er to work thnx fer help