Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KDE 4.1 flipping out again

Default KDE 4.1 flipping out again

I've been trying to like KDE 4.1. It was finally working OK for a few weeks and today I went into desktop config and was going to check off sharping effect and the whole thing flipped out! double images, double taskbars, can't do anything with them. How can you get it to work normally again?

I'm staying with Gnome until I can find a way to fix it or just wait until next year when KDE 4.2 comes out.

Any clues on getting KDE 4.1 to behave?

Blog Entries

Default Re: KDE 4.1 flipping out again

You could just start with a new .kde4 folder
    rename the existing one .kde4old

when you start kde4 again it will be all new
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Thanks, I did as you said and KDE 4.1 did come up again with default settings, but there were widgets on top of each other that had to be deleted and the taskbar was on top with no way to put it on the bottom. Also I has to add the system tray and it would paste itself in the middle of the bar with no move option.

KDE 4.1 is not ready for the general public. This is still a buggy dysfunctional window manager that needs more work. I will stay with Gnome or KDE 3.5.

Maybe next year They'll get it right!

omg just because you jack with thing you think kde 4.1 has problems and isn't ready for use
    all the problems you just discribed can be fixed very easly
    all you have to do is right click on the taskbar unlock widgets panel settings now you can move the items discribed by you around piece of cake

Thanks, I'll give it another try. but why does it happen in the first place? Gnome doesn't do that, neither does KDE 3.

How do you place the system tray icons on the right hand side? How do you take a taskbar that's on top and put it on the bottom?

panel settings hover over the icons you want to move click and move them
    as far as kde 3 and gnome are concerned there established DE kde 4 is being developed and added to all the time and really stable right now for everyday use
    you can move the panel by panel settings click on screen edge and move the panel where you want it

I still can't get the taskbar to move to the bottom. And when it's up at the top and I open Firefox and then want to minimize it to the taskbar, it just disappears, with nothing to bring it back. It's just not working as per your instruction. What am I missing?

Is there a way to get it back to the default set up?

have you updated kde 4 to the latest version if so it should be working the way i have explained it here is a taskbar i just added with the panel settings up

see that button that says screen edge you should have that and you press and hold it and drag it to the edge you want to move it to

What is the latest release. is there one newer than 4.1? Do I find it in Patterns in Yast?

i don't see some of the buttons on my task bar. How do I install the newer version?

Why can't you edit your posts in this forum?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast