Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Factory Repos? Plasmoids? KDE4?

Chris Maaskant NNTP User

Default Re: Factory Repos? Plasmoids? KDE4?

converted schreef:

> A followup question --
    >
    > Are dependency issues a recurring consequence of using the factory
    > repositories?

I can only comment about the KDE4 repositories, i don't know about the others.
    Only when a new version of KDE4 is about to be released there are these packages released depending on the new version of KDE4 before the new version is released.

Makes me wonder what the point is of releasing packages depending on packages that are not available. :s
    --
    Chris Maaskant

According to Suse "news" the factory repos have moved up one step. Has anyone else noticed this and is it just for the beta of 11.1 or for 11.0 as well?

Index of /factory[.......]

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Maaskant View Post
    Makes me wonder what the point is of releasing packages depending on packages that are not available. :s
    The thing is KDE 4.1.3 was tagged at October 29th but will not be officaly released until November 5th.
    Since the source code was already available it was submitted to the Build Service to build... but the publishing has been disabled to no release it before the official date. The problem is other repositories dependening on KDE:KDE4:Factory:Desktop are triggered for a rebuild... and their publishing isn't disabled.

I don't think anybody in charge noted the problem (I didn't know about it until I saw this thread). I opened bug #440894 to make them know...

Chris Maaskant NNTP User

RedDwarf schreef:

> I don't think anybody in charge noted the problem (I didn't know about
    > it until I saw this thread). I opened bug #440894 to make them know...

Great that you have the knowledge to see what the problem is and thanks for letting the people involved know about it!
    --
    Chris Maaskant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12