Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: update-problen today evening

Exclamation update-problen today evening

After today evening's Xorg or KDE 4.1.2-update comes bad problem!

Gui jum! Plasma palk at the bottom crash and GUI expire all!

Help please!

and warning others!

Default Re: update-problen today evening

I'm having problems as well. Plasma has frozen completely, I can't click anything. The buttons are all over the place. The system tray icons are all on top of each other. It is using 20% of my CPU and 100-200 MB of RAM (it has barely ever even been a blip on my RAM or CPU usage before). I tried deleting my plasma configuration settings but it didn't do anything. The problem is happening on two different computers.

Same problem here, too.

FWIW, the servers went down for a while.
    It is abhorrent the spiritual greed of those that knowing something, do not seek the transfer of such knowledge.

Miguel de Unamuno - Writer (1864-1936)

Quote Originally Posted by JopSway View Post
    FWIW, the servers went down for a while.
    The problem isn't with installing an update, the problem is that plasma is broken after the update is complete.

Blog Entries

No problem here
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Do not trust kDE4 for now I use still KDE3 or Gnome in opensue
    Because get problems too with KDE4 in opensuse
    dobby9

Got taken out by a bad kde4 update too. Any fix? Most waiting for the repos to update and hope zypper will fix us?

Quote Originally Posted by Imaginos View Post
    Got taken out by a bad kde4 update too. Any fix? Most waiting for the repos to update and hope zypper will fix us?
    It has never been broken for me. There has been a new update recently, if doesn't fix your problems start to give more info...

Code:
    zypper -v ve
    Code:
    zypper se -s -r kde4_factory_desktop | fgrep '(System Packages)'
    - Gfx card?
    - If using binary drivers: version? From repository?

To start with.

"zypper -v ve" returns no problems except that a dependency for squidGuard is ignored: It wants squid2 but works fine with squid3, too.

"zypper se -s -r kde4_factory_desktop | fgrep '(System Packages)'" returns that the repository is not found (I am using openSUSE 11.0 x86_64 with the additional KDE4.1 repositories).

It seems plasma works fine in the first seconds after logging in. I can use the start menu to start programs and interact with plasmoids.

This changes as soon as autostart kicks in. Plasma takes up 80% CPU (slowly increasing) and hangs. I can use previously started programs but cannot interact with plasma, not even the desktop background refreshes after moving a window.

I have a NVidia 8800 GTS 640 MB and use the 177.80 drivers (non-repository). They worked for some time before the update and still work fine when using other display managers. I have not enabled desktop effects in KDE.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast