Problem with Firefox after making some updates

Hi guys, after performing some updates offered by the opensuse updater now FF v3.x. won’t run.

Everytime I try to launch the browser it throws the following error, if it’s tried to run from konsole:

Could not find compatible GRE between version 1.9.0.3 and 1.9.0.3

Has anyone else experienced the same issue ? it’s really annoying, I feel myself like semi-impaired since I cann’t browse the web from my main browser! :cry:

BTW… I’m using FF v3.0.3-2.2

Seems like a problem with mozilla-xulrunner (GRE = Gecko Rendering Engine). Try reinstalling FF and the xulrunner-package, might help.

Do you run a 32 or 64bit-SuSE? What repository do you use for Firefox?

I also had this problem, solved by updating mozila-xulrunner190 (and dependencies) from opensuse’s update repository.

I run a 64bit-SuSE. But the browser I use the FF for x32 OSes, you know, for the lack of support for the plug-ins for x64 systems. :sarcastic:

Just an update… I updated mozilla-xulrunner to a newer version available, after performing a search thru YaST, I found a newer version (mozilla-xulrunner190-1.9.0.3-7.2), so I updated it, and tried to run FF again, and this time it ran! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/rrclimber/smilies/bananaWrench.gif

… so it fixed the problem!

10x guys 4 ur help! Highly appreciated! :wink: