Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Dolphin & NTFS

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Indiana, United States
    Posts
    25

    Default Dolphin & NTFS

    I have a mounted NTFS drive that can be read and written to by both konqueror and the konsole, but dolphin can't see any of the files. Anyone know why? I primarily use dolphin and would like to view my ntfs drives with it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,733
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Dolphin & NTFS

    Just as a starting point:
    In dolphin do you see the folder that the partition is mounted to? If so, what is right click properties telling you about size?
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Indiana, United States
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: Dolphin & NTFS

    Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    Just as a starting point:
    In dolphin do you see the folder that the partition is mounted to? If so, what is right click properties telling you about size?
    I can see and even access the folder where I mounted the drive with dolphin; it just shows as empty (No files, No folders) and 0 bytes free.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,733
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Dolphin & NTFS

    So you are saying the same folder in K - it's all there but in D - nothing?

    With Folder view enabled from view menu in D /panels

    you see the folder in the tree?
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Indiana, United States
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: Dolphin & NTFS

    Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    So you are saying the same folder in K - it's all there but in D - nothing?

    With Folder view enabled from view menu in D /panels

    you see the folder in the tree?
    Yep, that's pretty much right.
    And yeah, the folder tree shows. But now it's showing the contents, so I have no clue what's going on.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,733
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Dolphin & NTFS

    Have you done a re-boot recently?

    Making changes as you will have done in /etc/fstab requires re-boot.

    But you say you now see the files?!
    Odd. So you now have a right click - properties showing the volume size etc..
    and you can read/write?
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Indiana, United States
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: Dolphin & NTFS

    Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    Have you done a re-boot recently?

    Making changes as you will have done in /etc/fstab requires re-boot.

    But you say you now see the files?!
    Odd. So you now have a right click - properties showing the volume size etc..
    and you can read/write?
    Read/write and everything. I don't understand, but I'm happy with it working

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •