Menu configuration

Hello,

How can I configure the Computer menu such as the icons are not rearranged automatically when I add a new one or drag one?

Thanks,

André Luiz

You’re talking about Gnome or KDE? IF KDE, which version? You’re talking about the “main menu” icons or those on your desktop?

Hello,

Thanks for the reply! GNOME. The icons in the Computer menu on the bottom of the screen.

Sincerely,

André Luiz

Uhh… Can’t help you with that, I strictly use KDE:|

Thanks for the reply. How can I add KDE exactly please? I tried to no avail so far.

Hi, I think there’s no way to stop this automatic rearrangement of icons which is very annoying.

To get KDE, go to Yast -> Software Management, select “patterns” from “Filter” drop down menu.

Now under “Graphical Environments” check “KDE3 Base System” and “KDE3 Desktop Environment” to get KDE3 or check “KDE4 Base System” and “KDE4 Desktop Environment” to get KDE4 or you can select both of these pairs.

Click accept and allow YaSt to download and install KDE. when completed logout and choose KDE from “Sessions” at login screen.

The KDE4 you’ll get by this method by default is KDE 4.0 which is very buggy and almost unusable. Upgrading to KDE 4.1 is strongly recommended.

Before selecting KDE4 patterns in Yast add these repositories (assuming you have opensuse 11):

Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.0

Index of /repositories/KDE:/Qt/openSUSE_11.0

Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Extra-Apps/openSUSE_11.0

Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_11.0_KDE4_Factory_Desktop