Thread: konatact on windows?

Default konatact on windows?

can anyone tell me if there is a recent port of kontact or korganizer to windows?
    if not ,i am looking for pim software that have both linux and windows version and has at least features of korganizer.

any ideas?

Default Re: konatact on windows?

You can run kde4 on windows so you should be able to run korganizer though i've never tried The KDE on Windows Project - Welcome to The KDE on Windows Project
    Projects/KDE on Windows/Installation - KDE TechBase

Geoff
    Core 2 Duo 3.16GHz, 8GB DDR2, 3.5TB, GeForce 9600 GT, Amilo LCD 26", OS 11.1 x86_64, KDE4.2.4 (2)
    My wine tips & tricks

Quote Originally Posted by geoffro View Post
    You can run kde4 on windows so you should be able to run korganizer though i've never tried The KDE on Windows Project - Welcome to The KDE on Windows Project
    Projects/KDE on Windows/Installation - KDE TechBase

Geoff
    no i mean tan standalone version or a similar program

Quote Originally Posted by rd1381 View Post
    No I meant a standalone version or a similar program
    You won't get a standalone program because of the difficulty of developing standalone apps which will work on both Windows and Linux.

The KDE project has been made possible because Trolltech's QT toolkit runs on both Windows and Linux. There is therefore no need to develop different versions of programs - simply develop programs that use QT.

So to use Korganizer and any other KDE program on Windows you will need to install the QT toolkit and the relevant kdebase.

Quote Originally Posted by john_hudson View Post

So to use Korganizer and any other KDE program on Windows you will need to install the QT toolkit and the relevant kdebase.
    can you explain how to do that?

I have not tried it on Windows but you can now download KDE for Windows. I am not sure how far the desktop is split up as it is in Linux so that you can get a base package or a more comprehensive one.

Why not try www.forum.kde.org which has just been launched and has a Windows specific section as well as a section for the PIM? You are likely to get more informed advice from there.
    Last edited by john_hudson; 18-Oct-2008 at 02:03. Reason: Typo