Thread: How can I export favorites from Konqueror?

Default How can I export favorites from Konqueror?

Title pretty much says it all- I would like to know how to export my favorites from Konqueror. I am getting ready to switch over to a new machine and need to back up my files before I do.

Thanks for your time.

guest NNTP User

Default Re: How can I export favorites from Konqueror?

> I would like to know how to export my favorites from Konqueror.

What is this "favorites"? I see no "favorites" on Konqueror menu! I find
    no "favorites" anywhere in Konqueror help files!

If you mean bookmarks have you searched the KDE Help for bookmarks?

Maybe this works: Click in Konqueror menu Bookmarks > Edit Bookmarks > File >
    Export where you can export to another format, save and carry that to your new
    machine, then Bookmarks > Edit Bookmarks > File > Import and stuff the saved
    bookmarks into your new machine.

My Bad- You have to cut a guy some slack, after years of being a prisoner of the Borg Collective (Windows), it takes awhile to become a free thinker! Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a shot.

Just a hint: you could also backup your entire ~/.kde, then all KDE-settings could be exported at once by simply copying it to the new directory. You could even backup the entire /home with all its settings (not recommended when switching to another distribution, though), that saves a lot of work.

When doing so, take care to backup to a unixoid filesystem (ext3, reiser etc.), as FAT or NTFS do not know anything about Linux' access rights management (←hope I put that right) or at least pack them into a .tar-File before doing so.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alextroy View Post
    My Bad- You have to cut a guy some slack, after years of being a prisoner of the Borg Collective (Windows), it takes awhile to become a free thinker! Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a shot.
    Nothing to be sorry for -- most new users call them favorites. In my country they call them favourites. After all, it's a real world out there and "favourites" is part of the common usage.
    Last edited by swerdna; 16-Oct-2008 at 06:20.
    Leap 42.3 & 15.1(Beta) &KDE
    FYIs from the days of yore