Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: java messed up

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    tehran
    Posts
    180

    Default java messed up

    hi
    I got some problems with Personal Brain that i am sure are from java configuration .

    how can I uninstall java so that there would be no trace of it,like i never installed it ? so can i install it fresh?

  2. #2
    ab@novell.com NNTP User

    Default Re: java messed up

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

    rpm -qa | grep -i java

    should show you your installed Java packages. Once you find the one you
    want to lose:

    rpm -q <packagename>

    Good luck.





    rd1381 wrote:
    > hi
    > I got some problems with Personal Brain that i am sure are from java
    > configuration .
    >
    > how can I uninstall java so that there would be no trace of it,like i
    > never installed it ? so can i install it fresh?
    >
    >

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)
    Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

    iD8DBQFI77LF3s42bA80+9kRApxkAJwOV6R7TRZpjGHcHAJSpS9yo0IHlgCghbp6
    9RFaMIpT3H0B7cBj6vxk2aA=
    =ObIL
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    tehran
    Posts
    180

    Default Re: java messed up

    Quote Originally Posted by ab@novell.com View Post
    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

    rpm -qa | grep -i java

    should show you your installed Java packages. Once you find the one you
    want to lose:

    rpm -q <packagename>

    Good luck.





    rd1381 wrote:
    > hi
    > I got some problems with Personal Brain that i am sure are from java
    > configuration .
    >
    > how can I uninstall java so that there would be no trace of it,like i
    > never installed it ? so can i install it fresh?
    >
    >

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)
    Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - Enigmail: A simple interface for OpenPGP email security

    iD8DBQFI77LF3s42bA80+9kRApxkAJwOV6R7TRZpjGHcHAJSpS9yo0IHlgCghbp6
    9RFaMIpT3H0B7cBj6vxk2aA=
    =ObIL
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

    no this didn't help
    can you tell me what are all of configuration files that are sun java's

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    78

    Default Re: java messed up

    A couple of commands will tell you where java is...
    Code:
    gransremedy@linux:~> which java
    /usr/bin/java
    gransremedy@linux:~> ls -la /usr/bin/java
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 22 2008-07-07 20:23 /usr/bin/java -> /etc/alternatives/java
    gransremedy@linux:~> ls -la /etc/alternatives/java
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 35 2008-08-29 20:22 /etc/alternatives/java -> /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-sun/bin/java
    gransremedy@linux:~>
    So I've got the official sun jre (1.6) in /usr/lib/jvm
    Last edited by GransRemedy; 10-Oct-2008 at 14:53. Reason: added comment
    BZFlag: good clean fun. Sorta.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    tehran
    Posts
    180

    Default Re: java messed up

    Quote Originally Posted by GransRemedy View Post
    A couple of commands will tell you where java is...
    Code:
    gransremedy@linux:~> which java
    /usr/bin/java
    gransremedy@linux:~> ls -la /usr/bin/java
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 22 2008-07-07 20:23 /usr/bin/java -> /etc/alternatives/java
    gransremedy@linux:~> ls -la /etc/alternatives/java
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 35 2008-08-29 20:22 /etc/alternatives/java -> /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-sun/bin/java
    gransremedy@linux:~>
    So I've got the official sun jre (1.6) in /usr/lib/jvm
    no you dont get it
    i mean configuration files : like :/etc/java/javs.conf and like that
    i know where java folder is but unistsalling it and installing again doesnt make it afresh
    like font configuration in Java that i somehow messed up and now my personal brain app crashes

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    78

    Default Re: java messed up

    Did you look inside those directories? I have *multiple* installations of different versions of both the jre and jdk, perhaps you do too (and were removing the wrong one).

    There is probably a hidden java folder in your home directory, but I'm not sure what it contains. Did you try checking there?

    For that matter there is probably a hidden folder for your "personal brain" app there too.
    BZFlag: good clean fun. Sorta.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    tehran
    Posts
    180

    Default Re: java messed up

    i got tired of this stupid answers
    i ask where is the configuration for java that suse uses and you all say to look in /usr/lib/java and /etc/alternatives /jvm all like that

    but they are installation folder for binary files and libs os java not configuration

    ok i give

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    78

    Default Re: java messed up

    Hmmm, I try to be helpful and this is what I get:

    Quote Originally Posted by rd1381 View Post
    i got tired of this stupid answers


    I suspect I'm wasting my time here, but Ok, here you go, this is a page from Sun explaining how the font configuration files, which are inside the jre directory, are used in Java.

    I do believe that is exctly what you asked for, eg:

    like font configuration in Java that i somehow messed up
    If you need further information, I suggest trying your belligerent attitude over on Suns forums - you might get a more "appropriate" response.
    BZFlag: good clean fun. Sorta.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    tehran
    Posts
    180

    Default Re: java messed up

    Quote Originally Posted by GransRemedy View Post


    If you need further information, I suggest trying your belligerent attitude over on Suns forums - you might get a more "appropriate" response.
    sorry i was not myself the night before .sorry i just wanted personal brain to work and i was getting desperate

    sorry agian

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •