Thread: Extrange problem with filesystem...

CABPSOFT NNTP User

Angry Extrange problem with filesystem...

Hello:

In a few days ago here, the SUSE presents the following problem:

I went to empty the trash, it is still a while and then said that it was not possible to delete the folder or file 'x' (x as a small example). But the most strange is that after displaying that message, the partition where is the 'home' and the folder 'Trash-0' (the trash folder) turn as read-only partition. I tried a procedure that is unmount and remount the partition where is the 'home' and other folders I have in the same partition for Samba and a variety of backups.

That procedure of unmount and remount the partition, for now works fine as a rw partition, but then I try to delete the folders and files that generate conflict, is again frozen and at times I have left the partition as read-only... And start again.

The user folders and files do not seem to have no problem and I am not returned to use this files, while not solve the problem. I do not want to delete them because they have very vital information.

My system is:

- Chipset: nVidia MCP61
    - CPU: AMD Athlon 64X2 6000+
    - MEM: Kingston 2GB DDR2
    - VGA: ATI Radeon X1550
    - HDD: SAMSUNG SATA II 1 TB
    - /dev/sda1: SWAP
    - /dev/sda2: ROOT (Reiserfs)
    - /dev/sda3: HOME (Reiserfs)
    - /dev/sda4: SRV (Reiserfs)

As a precaution, I have the automount of the /home partition disabled. Any help would be very useful.

Greetings:

Camilo Bohrquez.
    Bogot (Colombia)
    Last edited by CABPSOFT; 09-Oct-2008 at 10:23. Reason: Indent some Content & Instant Mail Notification...

CABPSOFT NNTP User

Exclamation Hard Disk Error !!!

When I turn the machine a moment ago, I showed this message to attach as JPEG.

I hope I do not have to change the HD, as it does not take 6 months of having purchased.

Default Re: Hard Disk Error !!!

Hi there!

Have you tried to login as root and delete the files from trash? I had a problem deleting files from trash, i solved it that way.

BR's
    Gokudan.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hard Disk Error !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gokudan View Post
    Hi there!

Have you tried to login as root and delete the files from trash? I had a problem deleting files from trash, i solved it that way.

BR's
    Gokudan.
    This could be your problem.
    In kde, you can use file manager super user mode to navigate to your /home/user/Desktop

I don't know the equivalent in gnome.

Post your /etc/fstab
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below