Thread: Subversion command-line client install

belier26 NNTP User

Default Subversion command-line client install

I want to use the Subversion command-line client on Suse 11 to access a remote subversion server.

What package should I install? Do I really need to install the package "subversion" which probably offers a full server.

Default Re: Subversion command-line client install

Try qsvn a GUI Subversion client it's not for the command line but it's only 957k

/Geoff
    Core 2 Duo 3.16GHz, 8GB DDR2, 3.5TB, GeForce 9600 GT, Amilo LCD 26", OS 11.1 x86_64, KDE4.2.4 (2)
    My wine tips & tricks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by belier26 View Post
    I want to use the Subversion command-line client on Suse 11 to access a remote subversion server.

What package should I install? Do I really need to install the package "subversion" which probably offers a full server.
    Code:
    $ rpm -qf /usr/bin/svn
    subversion-1.5.0-96.1
    Yes, it comes out of the subversion package as do the other CLI utilities, svnadmin, etc.and the libraries they use. But you don't have to start a server.

I had the same issue, however, if you go to the control center>software>software repository then add a new repository select community repository and add pacman you should be able to use software management to install the actual subversion package.

Or at least this is what I did