can't add any new repositories

Hi, all,

I recently installed opensuse 11 and successfully added several repositories to get a lot of packages that weren’t available on debian lenny (lack of recent photography-related packages such as hugin being my main reason for switching from debian).

Today I tried to add another repository, (RepoView: Nouveau is the free reverse-engineered accelerated X11 and 3D driver for NVIDIA cards (openSUSE_Factory)). I got the following message from yast2:

Unable to create repository from URL ‘. . .’

I searched the opensuse forums and found a lot of people with the same problem, usually during the initial install phase. I tried with several other repositories, to no avail, same message. None of the advice I found on the forum seemed really relevant.

Does anyone know what configuration or other file might need to be changed, erased, etc to allow me to add new repositories? Is there perhaps a command-line guide to opensuse 11 somewhere? I know everyone likes guis, but personally I find them great when they work and incomprehensibly frustrating when they don’t work.

Thanks! in advance,

elle stone

On 10/05/2008 elle stone wrote:
> Today I tried to add another repository, (‘RepoView: Nouveau is the
> free reverse-engineered accelerated X11 and 3D driver for NVIDIA
> cards (openSUSE_Factory)’ (http://tinyurl.com/3nao2r)). I got the
> following message from yast2: Unable to create repository from URL ‘.
> . .’

Try the same path but without the “repodata” part.

Uwe

Uwe, thanks! removing that “repodata” part worked perfectly!

Elle

Elle,

you’re welcome, glad I could help :slight_smile:

Uwe