Taskbar functions lost

Ok, Ive made a mess of my taskbar somehow. All I was meaning to do was exit Opera via right clicking it in the taskbar, yet with it my wireless signal strenght icon went, the update icon, etc. Also the space where Opera would of sat as a tray icon and all other running apps on the desktop.

Ive tried right clicking the task bar but little options. I dont seem to be able to find anything else relevant.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/eclec/taskbar.jpg
Added a pic to aid my description, as you can see the widgets are tight to the left cons, leaving no space for apps running on the desktop to reside, and also all the other usual task bar icons are missing.

If all else fails, you can start from scratch by deleting your config file at: ~/.kde/share/config/kickerrc. Then log out and log back in for one which should be featureless or at least the system default.

I doubt that this will work for Plasma ;-)…

Ah. Quite so. I know nothing about Plasma.

Yep, it seems Beineri is correct, as there is no kickerrc in that path :confused:

Anymore suggestions as this is becoming very annoying, everytime I minimize a window I cant access it again. Have to kill the PID for Opera to even access it again.

Might be some clues here: HOW-TO: Kicker on KDE4 KDE-Apps.org . While it refers to using Kicker, it also mentions where the config is.

Ive got it all back now.

11.0 is quite different to what my limited knowledge is use to. Bt after Beineri mentioned it was Plasma orientated it gave me more confidence to fiddle with all the widgets, and now its all back to what I wanted.

Thanks for the advice, and speedy replies Br073n.