Who will win the US Presidential Election?

Ok folks. I’m experimenting here. Let’s try this to see if we can actually just get some poll results on the thoughts of our membership WITHOUT it turning into a political discussion/debate. Vote on the poll, then keep your mouth shut. :slight_smile: This will be very interesting if we can keep politics out of it. You non-US people are welcome to participate too!

Don’t vote on who you WANT to be the choice, vote on who you THINK WILL WIN. (Web users only. NNTP uses…come to the web to participate.)

I read today that in Texas, both McCain and Obama missed the deadline to get put on tha ballot-- -and the liberterian party candidate is suing to get them removed!

I think that’s hysterical. It would be the first time in probably 100 years that a third party candidate won a state!

Thinking this through further, if he were to somehow prevail, and be able to tell his delagates to vote for one of the other candidates, he might very well be able to single-handedly pick the next president.

Bob Barr Files Suit in Texas to Remove McCain, Obama from Ballot — Bob Barr 2008

is there a way to make the poll/vote anonymous?

DenverD (Linux Counter 282315) via NNTP, Thunderbird 2.0.0.14, KDE
3.5.7, SUSE Linux 10.3, 2.6.22.18-0.2-default #1 SMP i686 athlon

Kim,

I Don’t want to throw a wet blanket on a fun idea, but, in Arkansas we had 11 candidate/parties in the last Presidential election (as I recall). You are short a few: Politics1 - Guide to American Political Parties and List of political parties in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fair and balanced, ya know;)

> ‘Bob Barr Files Suit in Texas to Remove McCain, Obama from Ballot
> — Bob Barr 2008’ (http://tinyurl.com/5epdpv)

Good for him. There are rules to follow.
I hope he wins the suit.

is there a way to make the poll/vote anonymous?

It is. Nobody can see in this poll who voted for what.

but, in Arkansas we had 11 candidate/parties in the last Presidential election (as I recall)

Yea, well then that’s what the OTHER category is for. If somoene wants a complete & scientific poll, skip this one and find someone from Gallup Polls to talk to. :slight_smile: & remember, this isn’t who you want, this is who you will think will win.

[talking to self] Hmmm. Did I ask for commentary in this thread? I don’t remember doing so. Hmmmmm. Did I ask for opinions OTHER than what was asked? Hmmmm. I don’t remember doing so. I vaguely remember something about a shut mouth…[/tts]

:X

Where’s none of the above?lol!

I don’t trust that guy Other.

> Nobody can see in this poll who voted for what.

“nobody can see” because despite having to Login to participate, NO
data is collected or held which would allow forensic IT investigation
to ascertain individual voting patterns

OR

collected data/hhtpd logs are hashed and immediately trashed

OR

collected data is held secure (right, like the NSA [and their black
helicopters] can’t crack it)

DenverD (Linux Counter 282315) via NNTP, Thunderbird 2.0.0.14, KDE
3.5.7, SUSE Linux 10.3, 2.6.22.18-0.2-default #1 SMP i686 athlon :wink:

You choose…then vote or don’t as you wish.