Thread: Konqueror-4.1.2 is driving me nuts!!!

Default Konqueror-4.1.2 is driving me nuts!!!

I am running openSUSE-11.0, KDE-4.1.
    The Konqueror version I am using is Version 4.1.2 (KDE 4.1.1 (KDE 4.1 >= 20080828)) "release 49.1"

Konqueror opens every new folder in a new window!!!. This is one of the main reason I hated Nautilius and shifted to KDE/Konqueror. I love the Konqueror that gets shipped with KDE3, but this one is KDE4 is a complete nutcase. I have tried all possible configurations and settings. Yup I have tried the one under "Settings->Configure Konqueror->File Management->Open folders in Separate Windows also". Doesnt work!

Also when I launch konqueror, the UI windows has links to Home Folder, Trash, Network Locations and Applications. All the links are broken excepy the one for Home Folder. All other links says "URL Malformed" when clicked.

Surprisingly the exact same Konqueror, when run as root user seems to open every folder in the same window.

Anyone else who is facing the same problems or have any suggestions to make it work? This certainly looks like a bug to me in Konqueror-4.1. Where can I file these bugs?

Default Re: Konqueror-4.1.2 is driving me nuts!!!

Konqueror->Settings->Configure Konqueror...->File Management->Open Folders in separate windows

Is it ticked? If so try unticking and seeing if that helps

It is unticked. Still doesnt work.
    Same konqueror works as expected when run as a root user.
    But when run as a normal user(Alt + F2 and then run Konqueror), it opens a new window for every folder.

Did you tick & save it ? (bottom of the page)
    Anyway why use Konqueror as file manager, these days Dolphin is much nicer.
    OpenSuSE Leap 42.3 / KDE 5.8 | Intel i7 3770 | 16GBRam | 120 + 80GB SSD's | Benq 27" | DVD | PhilipsToUcam 740 | HPpsc2355p | Logitech KB & mouse | 320 +160 + 80 + 80 GB USB HDD's | Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7360 | (V)DSL 12 MB/s | SuSE since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by thejaswihr View Post
    It is unticked. Still doesnt work.
    Same konqueror works as expected when run as a root user.
    But when run as a normal user(Alt + F2 and then run Konqueror), it opens a new window for every folder.
    I had a similar problem with Konqueror not working for my logon but fine with root. In the end I created a new user and all was fine. Before that you could try renaming or deleting ~/.kde4/share/config/konquerorrc and see if that resolve the problem, you may need to check the settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinq-Marquis View Post
    I read somewhere recently that Konqueror uses embedded dolphin for file management don't know how true that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinq-Marquis View Post
    I dont get it. Why should I tick "Open every folder in a new windows" and save it? I dont need that behaviour.

Tried deleting ~/.kde4/share/apps/konqueror and also ~/.kde4/share/config/konquerorrc. Did not resolve the problem.