Some Awkward Errors and quips after a fresh install

Hello all, I just installed Opensuse 11 this afternoon :), and I love it. Unfortunately though there have been a few hiccups with this new install. Clicking on the appearance option in the control center brings up a bug report and a strange error:
Unable to start the settings manager ‘gnome-settings-daemon’.
Without the GNOME settings manager running, some preferences may not take effect. This could indicate a problem with Bonobo, or a non-GNOME (e.g. KDE) settings manager may already be active and conflicting with the GNOME settings manager

But the appearance config window comes up right after it. Another thing was my resolution keeps restarting itself down to 1280800 after each x restart even though i can get 1440900 to display, this isn’t necessarily bad since im using an external monitor with my 1280*800 laptop which sometime i dont have it hooked up to it.

Besides those two pesky problems Opensuse has been great to use, feels a little more refined than the other distros i’ve used.

try starting up yast and check software just to see if there is any kde stuff installed and eliminate it. Use gnome myself and like it much better than KDE. May not be the problem but its a place to start. You can also look under the system monitor just to see if there are any processes running that are obviously KDE related.

Nope no kde programs in yast or running processes in the gnome monitor. :frowning: