Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

Default Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

Mac4Lin is back!

This is the version 1.0 Release Candidate. Some components are still under development. Currently the shell script is not able to set the GDM theme, cursor theme, sounds, emerald theme. They need to be manually set.

Also components like Firefox3, Thunderbird theme, awn theme/plugins etc. are still under development. The Mozilla themes may not be stable. Hence use the non-core components of Mac4Lin at your own risk. Documentation is still in the pipeline. I decided to release the RC anyway so that patrons can start using it and update to the stable version when development is complete.

Whats new: Mac4Lin v1.0 RC - 9th September, 2008

New! Automated Installer in the form of a shell script
    New GDM theme
    Supports the newest version of GNOME and Xfce
    New Mozilla themes specifically built for Mac4Lin
    Adium style AWN status icons for Pidgin
    Mac style scrollbars, menus
    Other tweaks in GTK theme
    Adium sounds for Pidgin
    New usplash

Keeping up the tradition I'm including the download stats. SF.net alone has served about 10.4TB as on today! I'm also happy to announce that Mac4Lin was one of the winners of FOSS Awards 2008.

Instructions:

Download the Mac4Lin_v1.0_RC.tar.gz archive to any folder. Extract the archive and run Mac4Lin_Install_v1.0_RC.sh file.

For any suggestions/comments/complaints/feedback/bug tracking please drop by my blog or send a mail:

My Blog: Phoenix
    My E-Mail id: infra_red_dude<A.T>users<D.O.T>sourceforge<D.O.T>net
    Project Website: SourceForge.net: Mac4Lin

PS: The old thread here: Mac4lin - Mac Transformation Pack For Gnome - openSUSE Forums
    was moved to the archive section. Hence the new thread.

Default Re: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

The main Mac4Lin sourceforge.net has been updated with new themes. These themes fix the "Engine Error" in the newest version of GNOME. The pack includes an updated installation script which does not attempt to set the GDM theme autmatically. Also, a user contributed Mac4Lin uninstall script is now included in the pack.

infra red dude NNTP User

The main Mac4Lin sourceforge.net has been updated with new themes. These
    themes fix the "Engine Error" in the newest version of GNOME. The pack
    includes an updated installation script which does not attempt to set
    the GDM theme autmatically. Also, a user contributed Mac4Lin uninstall
    script is now included in the pack.

--
    infra_red_dude
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    infra_red_dude's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=10631
    View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=395030

I'm happy to inform you all that Mac4Lin now uses the SVN version control system. The latest version Mac4Lin v1.0 RC2 is available there. Users may checkout to download the bleeding edge version.

The required info is provided here:

Subversion Server: https://mac4lin.svn.sourceforge.net

Path to Repository: /svnroot/mac4lin

Access instructions:

To access a Subversion repository, configure your Subversion client as follows:

* Hostname: mac4lin.svn.sourceforge.net
    * Port: 443
    * Protocol: HTTPS
    * Repository Path: /svnroot/mac4lin

For clients that use a URL string:

https://mac4lin.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mac4lin

Mac4Lin v1.0RC2 has not been released and hence is not available on the Downloads page. It can only be obtained through SVN. Comments, suggestions, complaints are welcome as always

A lot of people have been asking me how to use subversion. I've blogged about using subversion so that more people can pull down the Mac4Lin v1.0 RC2 file and here. Head here: Phoenix: Howto: Use Subversion (and install Mac4Lin v1.0 RC2)

Hope thats helpful

Mac4Lin SVN was down for sometime. I've restructured the whole package and updated some files. Kindly sync your copy again

Do you use Mac4Lin? Do you like the Project? You can show your appreciation for the project by nominating it for the Sourceforge.net Community Awards 2009. Just click the nominate link below. Select an appropriate category (e.g Best Visual Design etc.), leave any comments if you wish and Submit the nomination.

Nominate Mac4Lin!

Just takes one click !

I thank everybody for their continued appreciation and suggestions. Your feedback is very important for the project development.

Man i loved the old mac4lin when i used gnome. Is it possible to get it in KDE 4.2?
    Opensuse 11.3 KDE 4.4.4, Windows XP. Vostro 1500 with 2.0Ghz Core2Duo and 8400M GS and DELL wireless 1390 Card
    Office: PCLinuxOS KDE 4.3.5 Whitebox, 2GB RAM, 2.8GHz Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by sabbyman View Post
    Man i loved the old mac4lin when i used gnome. Is it possible to get it in KDE 4.2?
    Currently its still for GTK based DEs (GNOME, Xfce). Since I'm not a KDE user and haf very limited KDE theming knowledge I'd an open invitation to help me port Mac4Lin to KDE. But sadly till today nobody ever replied

I would like to try and be able to port it to KDE. Please tell me what i need to do. I really like the theme in GNOME
    Opensuse 11.3 KDE 4.4.4, Windows XP. Vostro 1500 with 2.0Ghz Core2Duo and 8400M GS and DELL wireless 1390 Card
    Office: PCLinuxOS KDE 4.3.5 Whitebox, 2GB RAM, 2.8GHz Pentium 4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast