Thread: please recommend a frequency control software

Default please recommend a frequency control software

I'm looking for softwares that can control the frequency of cpu, gpu, and fans in order to lower temp.
    for the ati mobi readon x300 on my laptop, I found one:
    ATI Installer HOWTO for SUSE/Novell users
    but when I followed the advice, it couldn't go through. Also I'm not sure whether this version provides frequency control.

Default Re: please recommend a frequency control software

Quote Originally Posted by paulga View Post
    I'm looking for softwares that can control the frequency of cpu, gpu, and fans in order to lower temp.
    for the ati mobi readon x300 on my laptop, I found one:
    ATI Installer HOWTO for SUSE/Novell users
    but when I followed the advice, it couldn't go through. Also I'm not sure whether this version provides frequency control.
    I'd see if you can clodk it down in BIOS 1st
    if not
    Rovclock - ThinkWiki
    read the fine print
    NOTE!
    While this utility complements the DynamicClocks option of the X.org radeon driver, it is not compatible with the power saving mode of the fglrx driver. Setting power saving mode using both fglrx and rovclock results in an unusably slow desktop.
    Desktop Asus X-99 Viper. uefi & secure Boot, Win10, Leap 15.1; Laptop: ASUS GL752VW Optimus, uefi+Secure Boot, Win10, Leap 15.1 & T-weed and IMac

I've installed ati-fglrxG01-kmp-default, ati-fglrxG01-kmp-pae, and x11-video-fglrxG01 through Yast.
    but i can't start these applications.
    do you mean there's a power saving mode in one of these program?

also, I've installed laptop-mode-tools through Yast, believing it provides such functionalities, but still i have no way to run it.

How to make use of Graphics Chips Power Management features - ThinkWiki

this link shows how to enable power saving mode to scale the clocks to match the workload.