Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Desktop Effects[Need help]

Question Desktop Effects[Need help]

Everytime I login I have to manually enable the Desktop effects, and they work fine. I save the profile. But when I Logout / reboot / shutdown the next time I log back in, the desktop effects are gone and I have to re-enable them again. Plz help, isn't there anyway to keep them auto-enabled?

Default Re: Desktop Effects[Need help]

Also the Superkaramba widgets do not autoload, but superkaramba system menu icon shows. What's wrong with my suse?? I'm using Kde3.5

Quote Originally Posted by sHyLoCk View Post
    Everytime I login I have to manually enable the Desktop effects, and they work fine. I save the profile. But when I Logout / reboot / shutdown the next time I log back in, the desktop effects are gone and I have to re-enable them again. Plz help, isn't there anyway to keep them auto-enabled?
    i am having the same problem .
    please tell how to rectify...???

any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.... please..

regards....

Quote Originally Posted by sHyLoCk View Post
    Same here, and in yast i have in the /etc/sysconfig Editor set to Display Manager gdm and it will not stay either. My box is:
    MB Asus A8N32-SLI
    CPU AMD 64X2 5200+
    Video Card Nvidia 8600 GT
    Corsair 2 gb Ram
    Monitor Acer AL2416W
    Thanks,
    Mark

make a link of desktop effects and copy it to autostart folder.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfreka View Post
    make a link of desktop effects and copy it to autostart folder.
    Thanks wolfreka, don't now how to make a link, don't know where autostart folder is, all other distro's that i have used you just enable desktop effects and it works.
    Mark

the autostart folder is \home\<username>\.kde\Autostart (note the period before kde).

Are you using the latests KDE (ie version 3.5.9 or 10)? Also what video card do you have and by desktop effects, are you talking about compiz-fusion?
    OpenSUSE Leap 15, KDE5 (plasma 5.13, frameworks 5.49, QT 5.11)

Quote Originally Posted by cybertaz View Post
    the autostart folder is \home\<username>\.kde\Autostart (note the period before kde).

Are you using the latests KDE (ie version 3.5.9 or 10)? Also what video card do you have and by desktop effects, are you talking about compiz-fusion?
    Thanks cybertaz, i'm using gnome not kde and yes compiz-fusion and cairo-dock, my card is nvidia 8600 gt, opensuse 11.0
    Mark

I had the same problem...the solution is to enable the kde compiz wrapper for the desktop.

You can do so at: configure desktop(personal settings) ---> Kde components ---> Session Manager ----> click the Windows Manager drop down menu...select Compiz custom

This will enable the compiz stuff every time you log into kde.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast