Internet traffic meter (systray)

Is there an application/program to display live net traffic (e.g. varying bars-green bar for download & red bar for uploads) that sits in the system tray & displays this continuously as one uses the web?

On Tue, 2008-08-26 at 19:56 +0000, zmdmw52 wrote:
> Is there an application/program to display live net traffic (e.g.
> varying bars-green bar for download & red bar for uploads) that sits in
> the system tray & displays this continuously as one uses the web?
>
>

Not that I know of… but for just blinky on activity I like
knemo.

I’ve noticed this;
plasma-netgraph KDE-Look.org
And it’s in the community repo as kde4-plasmoid-netgraph.
Unfortunately, installing with zypper requires downgrading kde and there’s a comment on kde-look about the source code not compiling for 4.1 either.
However, patience is a virtue.

Have KDE 3.x installed (not 4.x), but use gnome as my default desktop.

> However, patience is a virtue.

but only IF it is really necessary to

Make Linux exactly like Windows[tm]

ugh!!

see caveat: http://tinyurl.com/6aagco
DenverD (Linux Counter 282315) via NNTP, Thunderbird 2.0.0.14, KDE
3.5.7, SUSE Linux 10.3, 2.6.22.18-0.2-default #1 SMP i686 athlon

If you are using the gnome desktop, you can use “gkrellm” (it does not show in the system tray but on your desktop).

I have 1024x768 and i still have plenty of room to leave it on the side to watch these activities developing.
it can display net connection, cpu bars, hdd activity, ram, etc.

<OF>

If you are using the gnome desktop, you can use “gkrellm” (it does not show in the system tray but on your desktop).
Ok; thanks, will give it a try.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Happy SLED10 sp2 user
What is ‘SLED 10’?

Suse Linux Enterprise Desktop

There are at least 2 systray-oriented:

• knetload
  • kwmnet

but personally I prefer an old ‘wmnd’ dockapps :slight_smile:

Rgds,
-Dimitri

Will any/all of these run on gnome desktop?

there is an Internet traffic indicator in gnome for the system bar. go in the system bar, right click, add to Panel, and select system monitor, move it to the system tray and right click on it, and select Preferences and in the monitored resources select Network and deselect afterwards there processor. you can also choose colours for each connection type :slight_smile:

enjoy linux! :slight_smile:

there is an Internet traffic indicator in gnome for the system bar. go in the system bar, right click, add to Panel, and select system monitor, move it to the system tray and right click on it, and select Preferences and in the monitored resources select Network and deselect afterwards there processor. you can also choose colours for each connection type

Installed that & it works fine. Thanks.