Thread: Xinelibs (opensuse multimedia oneclick install)

Talking Xinelibs (opensuse multimedia oneclick install)

Well I did a clean reinstall of my opensuse 11 and as usual to get my multimedia to work i used one click install from multimedia community... On dependency resolvation it showed 1libxin is in conflict with my existing xinelibs and it gave an option to install libxine over xinelibs -- but option is a dump on as i select that option and click ok it brings to the same screen so i quit the installation and uninstalled xinelibs and installed the codecs and all... Now after the installation i am not able to view avi wmv all restricted stuff with kaffine...

PS- mplayer and vlc works fine

Default Re: Xinelibs (opensuse multimedia oneclick install)

If you have the Packman repository subscribed to, could you try the following and see if it works:-
    Open the Yast Software installation module and search for and install the libxine package from the Packman repository (if it is already installed try re-installing).
    Now check if the avi's and wmv's are working.

Quote Originally Posted by badshah400 View Post
    If you have the Packman repository subscribed to, could you try the following and see if it works:-
    Open the Yast Software installation module and search for and install the libxine package from the Packman repository (if it is already installed try re-installing).
    Now check if the avi's and wmv's are working.
    Actually i did install it from packman repo... As one click installation use packman libxine....

I reinstalled it again.. But same...

I didn't had this problem before.... There was zypper update hope that screwed it up with dependency.....

i think libxine1 is broken as after last update i can no longer play xvid or flv files. so i don't think it's your installation procedure that's the problem.