Can I mod opensuse to install it offline?

Hello,

I am a refugee from Ubuntu. I have just installed opensuse 11 and its very nice. I wish to know if there is some way to create/mod opensuse 11 so that I dont have to be online to completely install the OS? As this takes a lot of time because I have slow internet connection I wish to create it so that I could install it offline whenever I wish. If this is possible please inform and also guide me how. Thanks:)

Download the LiveCD or the DVD - they can both be installed offline.

Heh heh, the irony is that SUSE was one of the last major distros to incorporate an online install model. One of the things I liked about SUSE in the past was that because of the offline model, the distribution media were quite large and it was very likely that they already had the package you wanted. Good for those of us who were still on limited download quotas. And diametrically opposed to the Debian model of fetching everything down the wire.

Get the DVD, as Chrysantine says. There’s a wealth of software on it. But at some point, if you go online, do install the security updates.