Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: package devel not found

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    436

    Default package devel not found

    hi

    i would like to build koffice from the svn repository, it seem to need kdelibs4-devel...

    i don't find it in any opensuse repository

    does somebody know where to get it?

    thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma, US
    Posts
    822

    Default Re: package devel not found

    On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 21:36:04 GMT
    collinm <collinm@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

    >
    > hi
    >
    > i would like to build koffice from the svn repository, it seem to need
    > kdelibs4-devel...
    >
    > i don't find it in any opensuse repository
    >
    > does somebody know where to get it?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    >


    You might try 'libkde4-devel' (weird, huh?)

    Also, are you aware that koffice is available through YaST (koffice2)?
    Rather than compiling from source, that is.

    Loni

    --
    L R Nix
    lornix@lornix.com


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    436

    Default Re: package devel not found

    Quote Originally Posted by lornix View Post
    On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 21:36:04 GMT
    You might try 'libkde4-devel' (weird, huh?)

    Also, are you aware that koffice is available through YaST (koffice2)?
    Rather than compiling from source, that is.
    will check for libkde4-devel...

    i compiling from source because i would like to begin to contribute to this project...

  4. #4

    Default Re: package devel not found

    I have never used it but, "zypper -v source-install -d koffice2" (after adding a OBS repo with koffice2) should install everything needed to compile it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma, US
    Posts
    822

    Default Re: package devel not found

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:46:03 GMT
    collinm <collinm@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

    >
    > lornix;1859338 Wrote:
    > > On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 21:36:04 GMT
    > > You might try 'libkde4-devel' (weird, huh?)
    > >
    > > Also, are you aware that koffice is available through YaST (koffice2)?
    > > Rather than compiling from source, that is.
    > >

    >
    > will check for libkde4-devel...
    >
    > i compiling from source because i would like to begin to contribute to
    > this project...
    >
    >


    {Chuckle} Awful big project to jump into and start with.

    No worries... just an observation.

    Loni

    --
    L R Nix
    lornix@lornix.com


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma, US
    Posts
    822

    Default Re: package devel not found

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:26:03 GMT
    RedDwarf <RedDwarf@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

    >
    > I have never used it but, "zypper -v source-install -d koffice2" (after
    > adding a OBS repo with koffice2) should install everything needed to
    > compile it.
    >
    >


    Works great... unless you forgot to tell the downloader/installer that it
    installs into the /usr/src/packages tree.

    It makes VERY good sense after you get used to how it works, but very
    frustrating since you installed something... now where did it go?
    (my main machine currently has 2.4TB of storage, 558208 files and 55630
    subdirectories. I misplaced an 80GB hard drive image once.)

    AND it adds a bunch of confusion, as all of the openSUSE patches are next to
    the requested packages. Not impossible, but surely daunting to see the first
    100 times or so. (scared me for a while)

    Certainly not saying it's not "the right thing to do"... just that if you're
    relatively new to source code, it's scary.

    Loni

    --
    L R Nix
    lornix@lornix.com


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    436

    Default Re: package devel not found

    i was finaly able to build koffice...

    now i try to start kword...

    message i get

    Code:
    collinm@linux-02tg:~/Developpement/koffice-build/bin> ./kword
    findServiceByDesktopPath: kwordpart.desktop not found
    findServiceByDesktopPath: Office/kword.desktop not found
    kword(32352)/koffice (lib komain): "kword" part.desktop not found.
    kword(32352)/koffice (lib komain): Run 'kde4-config --path services' to see which directories were searched, assuming kde startup had the same environment as your current shell.
    kword(32352)/koffice (lib komain): Check your installation (did you install KOffice in a different prefix than KDE, without adding the prefix to /etc/kderc ?)
    collinm@linux-02tg:~/Developpement/koffice-build/bin> kde4-config --path services
    /home/collinm/.kde4/share/kde4/services/:/usr/share/kde4/services/
    i tried

    Code:
    collinm@linux-02tg:~/Developpement/koffice-build/bin> export KDEDIRS=$KDEDIRS:/home/collinm/Developpement/koffice-build
    collinm@linux-02tg:~/Developpement/koffice-build/bin> export PATH=$PATH:/home/collinm/Developpement/koffice-build/bin
    i get the same problem

    any idea?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma, US
    Posts
    822

    Default Re: package devel not found

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 19:36:03 GMT
    collinm <collinm@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

    >
    > i was finaly able to build koffice...
    >
    > now i try to start kword...
    >
    > message i get
    >
    >
    > Code:
    > --------------------
    > collinm@linux-02tg:~/Developpement/koffice-build/bin> ./kword
    > findServiceByDesktopPath: kwordpart.desktop not found
    > findServiceByDesktopPath: Office/kword.desktop not found
    > kword(32352)/koffice (lib komain): "kword" part.desktop not found.
    > kword(32352)/koffice (lib komain): Run 'kde4-config --path services' to
    > see which directories were searched, assuming kde startup had the same
    > environment as your current shell. kword(32352)/koffice (lib komain): Check
    > your installation (did you install KOffice in a different prefix than KDE,
    > without adding the prefix to /etc/kderc ?)
    > collinm@linux-02tg:~/Developpement/koffice-build/bin> kde4-config --path
    > services /home/collinm/.kde4/share/kde4/services/:/usr/share/kde4/services/
    > --------------------
    >
    >
    > i tried
    >
    >
    > Code:
    > --------------------
    > collinm@linux-02tg:~/Developpement/koffice-build/bin> export
    > KDEDIRS=$KDEDIRS:/home/collinm/Developpement/koffice-build
    > collinm@linux-02tg:~/Developpement/koffice-build/bin> export
    > PATH=$PATH:/home/collinm/Developpement/koffice-build/bin
    > --------------------
    >
    >
    > i get the same problem
    >
    > any idea?
    >
    >


    Many programs will not work unless many sub-units are installed into the
    proper places.

    Try:

    sudo make install

    to force the program to be installed and all the little 'bits' to be put into
    place.

    Then try again. Should work better.

    Loni

    --
    L R Nix
    lornix@lornix.com


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    436

    Default Re: package devel not found

    i done kbuildsycoca4...

    tried to start kword

    and get libkwordpart not found

    libkwordpart is on my system....

    Code:
    linux-02tg:/home/collinm # locate libkwordpart
    /home/collinm/Developpement/koffice-build/kword/part/CMakeFiles/CMakeRelink.dir/libkwordpart.so
    /home/collinm/Developpement/koffice-build/lib/kde4/libkwordpart.so
    /home/collinm/Developpement/koffice-build/lib/libkwordpart.so
    Code:
    collinm@linux-02tg:~/Developpement/koffice-build/bin> kbuildsycoca4
    kbuildsycoca4 running...                                           
    kbuildsycoca4(3552) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry MimeType in "/usr/share/applications/yast2-metapackage-handler-ymu.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon).
    kbuildsycoca4(3552) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry MimeType in "/usr/share/applications/realplay.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon).
    kbuildsycoca4(3552) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry Categories in "/home/collinm/.local/share/applications/netbeans-6.1.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon).
    kbuildsycoca4(3552)/kdecore (KService) KBuildServiceFactory::collectInheritedServices: parent mimetype not found: "text/xml"
    kbuildsycoca4(3552)/kdecore (KService) KBuildServiceFactory::collectInheritedServices: parent mimetype not found: "text/xml"
    collinm@linux-02tg:~/Developpement/koffice-build/bin> ./kword
    kword(3564)/koffice (lib komain) KoDocument::readNativeService: "kwordpart.desktop"  found.
    kword(3564)/koffice (lib komain) KoDocumentEntry::createDoc: "Library "libkwordpart" not found"
    collinm@linux-02tg:~/Developpement/koffice-build/bin> echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    
    collinm@linux-02tg:~/Developpement/koffice-build/bin> echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    
    collinm@linux-02tg:~/Developpement/koffice-build/bin> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$KDEDIR/lib:$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    collinm@linux-02tg:~/Developpement/koffice-build/bin> ./kword
    kword(4319)/koffice (lib komain) KoDocument::readNativeService: "kwordpart.desktop"  found.
    kword(4319)/koffice (lib komain) KoDocumentEntry::createDoc: "Library "libkwordpart" not found"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma, US
    Posts
    822

    Default Re: package devel not found

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 20:26:03 GMT
    collinm <collinm@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

    >
    > i done kbuildsycoca4...
    >
    > tried to start kword
    >
    > and get libkwordpart not found
    >
    > libkwordpart is on my system....
    >
    >
    > Code:
    > --------------------
    > linux-02tg:/home/collinm # locate libkwordpart
    > /home/collinm/Developpement/koffice-build/kword/part/CMakeFiles/CMakeRelink.dir/libkwordpart.so
    > /home/collinm/Developpement/koffice-build/lib/kde4/libkwordpart.so
    > /home/collinm/Developpement/koffice-build/lib/libkwordpart.so
    >
    > --------------------


    No. It's not. It is in your home directory... it's not in the proper
    place in the system directory hierarchy to be automatically found and used.

    Another thing to note is that 'locate' uses a database which is only updated
    ONCE a day. any changes you make to the files on the disk will not be
    reflected until the following day. A better way to search for files on the
    disk would be to use 'find':

    find . -iname "libkwordpart*"

    means find, from here (.), anything with a filename which starts with
    'libkwordpart' (notice the asterisk (the star thingy) )

    --or--

    find / -iname "libkwordpart*"

    which will search the ENTIRE system to find matches. This can take a while.

    After the libkwordpart.so library is installed in the proper place, you'll
    need to run 'ldconfig' as root to update the library indexes.

    ldconfig

    Loni

    --
    L R Nix
    lornix@lornix.com


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •