Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: bluetooth wizard help

  1. #1

    Default bluetooth wizard help

    I start it
    Code:
    lolwabbit:/home/alexander # kinputwizard
    kbuildsycoca running...
    and then I try to add device...
    Code:
    lolwabbit:/home/alexander # process 20795: arguments to dbus_message_new_method_call() were incorrect, assertion "_dbus_check_is_valid_path (path)" failed in file dbus-message.c line 1074.
    This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
      D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
    KCrash: Application 'kinputwizard' crashing...
    help? I'm on openSUSE 11.0 (using KDE 3.5) on a Zepto Nox A15 notebook.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,295
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: bluetooth wizard help

    Quote Originally Posted by indietrash
    I start it
    Code:
    --------------------
    lolwabbit:/home/alexander # kinputwizard
    kbuildsycoca running...
    --------------------

    and then I try to add device...

    Code:
    --------------------
    lolwabbit:/home/alexander # process 20795: arguments to
    dbus_message_new_method_call() were incorrect, assertion
    "_dbus_check_is_valid_path (path)" failed in file dbus-message.c line
    1074. This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus
    library. D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
    KCrash: Application 'kinputwizard' crashing... --------------------


    help? I'm on openSUSE 11.0 (using KDE 3.5) on a Zepto Nox A15 notebook.
    Hi
    Works fine here on the default kernel. Have a bluetooth mouse
    connected if I run the application (on the gnome desktop). Sounds like
    you may be missing some bluez utilities? Have you modified
    the /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf file?

    You have a hci0 device?
    Code:
    hciconfig -a
    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 11.0 x86 Kernel 2.6.25.11-0.1-default
    up 0:04, 1 user, load average: 0.43, 0.72, 0.35
    GPU GeForce 6600 TE/6200 TE - Driver Version: 173.14.12


  3. #3

    Default Re: bluetooth wizard help

    haven't touched it. didn't even know it existed

    it says
    Code:
    #
    # HCI daemon configuration file.
    #
    # don't change stuff here, use the DBus methods instead.
    #
    
    # HCId options
    options {
    	# Automatically initialize new devices
    	autoinit yes;
    
    	# Security Manager mode
    	#   none - Security manager disabled
    	#   auto - Use local PIN for incoming connections
    	#   user - Always ask user for a PIN
    	#
    	security user;
    
    	# Pairing mode
    	#   none  - Pairing disabled
    	#   multi - Allow pairing with already paired devices
    	#   once  - Pair once and deny successive attempts
    	pairing multi;
    
    	# Default PIN code for incoming connections
    	passkey "BlueZ";
    }
    
    # Default settings for HCI devices
    device {
    	# Local device name
    	#   %d - device id
    	#   %h - host name
    	name "BlueZ %h (%d)";
    
    	# Local device class
    	class 0x000100;
    
    	# Default packet type
    	#pkt_type DH1,DM1,HV1;
    
    	# Inquiry and Page scan
    	# valid parameters: enable | disable
    	iscan enable;
    	pscan enable;
    
    	# Default link mode
    	#   none   - no specific policy 
    	#   accept - always accept incoming connections
    	#   master - become master on incoming connections,
    	#            deny role switch on outgoing connections
    	lm accept;
    
    	# Default link policy
    	#   none    - no specific policy
    	#   rswitch - allow role switch
    	#   hold    - allow hold mode
    	#   sniff   - allow sniff mode
    	#   park    - allow park mode
    	lp rswitch,hold,sniff,park;
    }
    I was unable to find hciconfig, i.e. where to write it. so I did "su -", and as usual, it worked. or uhm I dunno. I didn't get any response from it. oh and I'm not familiar with hci-devices. don't know what it is. I'm guessing it has to do with bluetooth... but this is the first time I have a notebook, let alone one with bluetooth. thanks for helping thus far

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,295
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: bluetooth wizard help

    Quote Originally Posted by indietrash
    haven't touched it. didn't even know it existed

    it says
    Code:
    --------------------
    #
    # HCI daemon configuration file.
    #
    # don't change stuff here, use the DBus methods instead.
    #

    # HCId options
    options {
    # Automatically initialize new devices
    autoinit yes;

    # Security Manager mode
    # none - Security manager disabled
    # auto - Use local PIN for incoming connections
    # user - Always ask user for a PIN
    #
    security user;

    # Pairing mode
    # none - Pairing disabled
    # multi - Allow pairing with already paired devices
    # once - Pair once and deny successive attempts
    pairing multi;

    # Default PIN code for incoming connections
    passkey "BlueZ";
    }

    # Default settings for HCI devices
    device {
    # Local device name
    # %d - device id
    # %h - host name
    name "BlueZ %h (%d)";

    # Local device class
    class 0x000100;

    # Default packet type
    #pkt_type DH1,DM1,HV1;

    # Inquiry and Page scan
    # valid parameters: enable | disable
    iscan enable;
    pscan enable;

    # Default link mode
    # none - no specific policy
    # accept - always accept incoming connections
    # master - become master on incoming connections,
    # deny role switch on outgoing connections
    lm accept;

    # Default link policy
    # none - no specific policy
    # rswitch - allow role switch
    # hold - allow hold mode
    # sniff - allow sniff mode
    # park - allow park mode
    lp rswitch,hold,sniff,park;
    }

    --------------------


    I was unable to find hciconfig, i.e. where to write it. so I did "su
    -", and as usual, it worked. or uhm I dunno. I didn't get any response
    from it. oh and I'm not familiar with hci-devices. don't know what it
    is. I'm guessing it has to do with bluetooth... but this is the first
    time I have a notebook, let alone one with bluetooth. thanks for
    helping thus far
    Hi
    OK, if you don't get any output from hciconfig, that means the
    bluetooth device isn't there?? eg

    Code:
    malcolml@kermit-opensuse:~> hciconfig -a
    hci0:	Type: USB
    BD Address: 00:03:7A:28:B6:F2 ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
    UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
    RX bytes:285115 acl:19474 sco:0 events:1425 errors:0
    TX bytes:796 acl:8 sco:0 commands:32 errors:0
    Features: 0xff 0xff 0x8f 0x78 0x18 0x18 0x00 0x80
    Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
    Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK
    Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
    Name: 'BlueZ kermit-opensuse (0)'
    Class: 0x00010c
    Service Classes: Unspecified
    Device Class: Computer, Laptop
    HCI Ver: 1.2 (0x2) HCI Rev: 0x490 LMP Ver: 1.2 (0x2) LMP
    Subver: 0x490 Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)
    
    malcolml@kermit-opensuse:~> which hciconfig
    /usr/sbin/hciconfig
    What output do you get from dmesg?

    Code:
    malcolml@kermit-opensuse:~> dmesg |grep Bluetooth
    Bluetooth: Core ver 2.11
    Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
    Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
    Bluetooth: L2CAP ver 2.9
    Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
    Bluetooth: RFCOMM socket layer initialized
    Bluetooth: RFCOMM TTY layer initialized
    Bluetooth: RFCOMM ver 1.8
    Bluetooth: BNEP (Ethernet Emulation) ver 1.2
    Bluetooth: BNEP filters: protocol multicast
    Bluetooth: HCI USB driver ver 2.9
    Bluetooth: Generic Bluetooth USB driver ver 0.1
    Bluetooth: HIDP (Human Interface Emulation) ver 1.2
    input: Bluetooth Mouse
    as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.2/usb4/4-1/4-1:1.0/hci0/acl000A94C0A10F/input/input9
    Have you tried the laptop keyboard function key and F8 (Supposed to
    work [doesn't on this Toshiba in openSUSE, but does in Ubuntu 8.04])?

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 11.0 x86 Kernel 2.6.25.11-0.1-default
    up 0:56, 1 user, load average: 0.06, 0.11, 0.20
    GPU GeForce 6600 TE/6200 TE - Driver Version: 173.14.12


  5. #5

    Default Re: bluetooth wizard help

    hi. here are my outputs. thanks for trying to help.

    Code:
    alexander@lolwabbit:/sbin> which hciconfig
    which: no hciconfig in (/opt/kde3/bin:/home/alexander/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/games:/opt/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/jre/bin:/usr/lib/mit/bin:/usr/lib/mit/sbin)
    Code:
    alexander@lolwabbit:/sbin> dmesg |grep Bluetooth
    Bluetooth: Core ver 2.11
    Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
    Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
    that F8 thing didn't do anything. cheers

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,295
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: bluetooth wizard help

    Quote Originally Posted by indietrash
    hi. here are my outputs. thanks for trying to help.


    Code:
    --------------------
    alexander@lolwabbit:/sbin> which hciconfig
    which: no hciconfig in
    (/opt/kde3/bin:/home/alexander/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/games:/opt/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/jre/bin:/usr/lib/mit/bin:/usr/lib/mit/sbin)
    --------------------



    Code:
    --------------------
    alexander@lolwabbit:/sbin> dmesg |grep Bluetooth
    Bluetooth: Core ver 2.11
    Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
    Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
    --------------------


    that F8 thing didn't do anything. cheers

    Hi
    Looks like you don't have bluez-utils installed?

    Code:
    malcolml@kermit-opensuse:~> rpm -qa |grep bluez-utils
    bluez-utils-3.32-8.1
    
    If not there, use YaST or;
    
    sudo zypper in bluez-utils
    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 11.0 x86 Kernel 2.6.25.11-0.1-default
    up 0:17, 1 user, load average: 0.01, 0.08, 0.19
    GPU GeForce 6600 TE/6200 TE - Driver Version: 173.14.12


  7. #7

    Default Re: bluetooth wizard help

    Code:
    alexander@lolwabbit:/usr/sbin> rpm -qa |grep bluez-utils
    bluez-utils-3.32-8.1

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,295
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: bluetooth wizard help

    Quote Originally Posted by indietrash
    Code:
    --------------------
    alexander@lolwabbit:/usr/sbin> rpm -qa |grep bluez-utils
    bluez-utils-3.32-8.1
    --------------------

    Hi
    Ahh it's in /usr/sbin/hciconfig

    What happens if you try restarting bluetooth, then check dmesg again,
    also anything with;
    Code:
    malcolml@kermit-opensuse:~> sudo /usr/bin/lsusb -v |grep Blue
    root's password:
    Bus 004 Device 002: ID 0930:0506 Toshiba Corp. Integrated Bluetooth
    bDeviceProtocol         1 Bluetooth
    idProduct          0x0506 Integrated Bluetooth
    bInterfaceProtocol      1 Bluetooth
    bInterfaceProtocol      1 Bluetooth
    bInterfaceProtocol      1 Bluetooth
    bInterfaceProtocol      1 Bluetooth
    bInterfaceProtocol      1 Bluetooth
    bInterfaceProtocol      1 Bluetooth
    bInterfaceProtocol      1 Bluetooth
    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 11.0 x86 Kernel 2.6.25.11-0.1-default
    up 0:49, 2 users, load average: 0.27, 0.24, 0.30
    GPU GeForce 6600 TE/6200 TE - Driver Version: 173.14.12


  9. #9

    Default Re: bluetooth wizard help

    hi, still get the same from dmesg. the lsusb didn't give me any output at all. thanks.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,295
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: bluetooth wizard help

    Quote Originally Posted by indietrash
    hi, still get the same from dmesg. the lsusb didn't give me any output
    at all. thanks.
    Hi
    Ok, how about if you look through the dmesg output and lsusb output
    with out a grep command, see anything? You could also try hwinfo (you
    may need to install) look through the output and see if there are any
    unknown devices.

    If you also look at the output from lsmod for usb devices and try
    restarting bluetooth.

    Code:
    malcolml@kermit-opensuse:~> lsmod |grep bt
    btusb                  11668  0
    bluetooth              61924  10 hidp,btusb,hci_usb,bnep,rfcomm,l2cap
    usbcore               152140  5 btusb,hci_usb,ehci_hcd,uhci_hcd
    
    malcolml@kermit-opensuse:~> sudo /usr/sbin/rcbluetooth restart
    Shutting down bluetooth ( dund hcid)
    done Starting bluetooth:  hcid hid2hci rfcomm dund
    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 11.0 x86 Kernel 2.6.25.11-0.1-default
    up 2:41, 1 user, load average: 0.51, 0.25, 0.16
    GPU GeForce 6600 TE/6200 TE - Driver Version: 173.14.12


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •