Kde skinning

Hello,
I have a quick question about KDE skinning.
I’m still a Linux “newbie” so I dont know where to look for so I figured I might ask here.

I install few weeks ago OS11 with KDE…
While I’m very satified with the aesthetics of KDE 4.1…

The performance factor is just not there…
so I rolled back to KDE 3.5.9…
Tweaked it a bit, now it’s good looking…except for this taskar applets icons…which are just tacky now.

First, they randomly are not well drawn, with a lot of artefacts (in KDE4 as well), but my real question is: How to change them?
I didnt find an easy way, is there one?
If no, could somebody point out where to go to change that?

On a similar subject, I set up Oxygen as an icon theme.
But for example, in Konqueror’s side bar, when I open a tree, the “open folder” icon is a “Crystal” one not oxygen…while “closed folder” icon is “oxygen”

Forgive me is there is a detailled resource about KDE theming out there that I missed, please link me to it if there is one

many thanks!

In kde3, I think you can right click - properties
and select icons that way
you can browse to icons you have downloaded too and choose those

Hm… I never had this problem before with KDE 3.5.9. I have no idea…

Maybe “oxygen” icon theme don’t provide icon for the “open folder”. I have the same icons in Konqueror (no “open folder” icon).

Btw, you can find KDE Themes (icons, wallpapers, styles, etc.) on Eyecandy for your KDE-Desktop - KDE-Look.org with how to-s.

this I know, but it’s not working for those icons…
that’s where my problem is :slight_smile:

Oxygen provides thoses icons…since they do for KDE 4…
I knew KDE-look…but usually the icon theme dont change these taskar applets icons…

I will give it a second look
thx anyway!

In Konqueror’s sidebar, you can’t select the icon, example for the “open folder”. With rigth click to the closed Home folder I’ll change the icon of my Home folder.