Any good program for use with HP scanner?

I am looking for a program which I can use with HP 5590 scanner. The Kooka application which comes bundled with KDE4 is totally useless. It cannot scan beyond a single page in ADF duplex mode. Even the single page duplex scans are useless. The front of the page scans correctly (top to bottm) but the back side scan is inverted (bottom to top).

Thanks
Arun

Well, there is always xsane, I haven’t used it in a while, but I would guess openSUSE has it.

Or, since it is an HP, maybe you would want to try their stuff; hplip, I believe it is. It includes printer drivers, ink level detection, quite a bit of stuff. I think it also includes scanning.

I assume you are looking for something like HP Director which HP provides for Windows. I haven’t found anything to match it in Linux. So if anyone else has I would be interested to hear about it.

Kooka works fine for single scans with my HP printer but, at least last time I looked, didn’t do the multiple page scans which are so useful when scanning text.

I tried both xsane and hplip. xsane does not have any support for scanning from ADF/duplex scans from ADF/multi-page scans from flatbed. hplip does not have any GUI for scanners. It is mainly for printers. I tried the command line mode but it does not have much.