Thread: TuxGuitar -- MIDI system is unavailable

Default TuxGuitar -- MIDI system is unavailable

When trying to play something in Tuxguitar I get this message. Running via the alsa-oss helps a bit It plays songs but with some some pauses, wrong durations etc. so I cannot use this software at all. Has anybody the same problem? By the way I have no problems with anything on my desktop (openSUSE 11.0 32bit, GNOME) but something nasty mentioned above is going on with my laptop (openSUSE 11.0 x86_64, GNOME). Any feedback is welcome =)

Default Re: TuxGuitar -- MIDI system is unavailable

Well TuxGuitar binaries from it's website work just fine... It's all about the package from the packman repo

I had the exact same problem until I used the "GNU/Linux-x86 Excelsior JET Native Release". The binary inside works properly. The repo version has the MIDI error. The other binary on their website has a dependancy which I can't locate and install and their installer is just bizarre.

Got all the stuff working after going to Yast>Sound card>Other>Start sequencer.

Cool Re: TuxGuitar -- MIDI system is unavailable

I tried with Yast>Sound card>Other>Start sequencer, but it didn't work for me. I could solve the problem starting TuxGuitar with alsa as wrapper.

aoss TuxGuitar.sh

(My english is not good)
    Last edited by iaguasanta; 26-Dec-2008 at 19:56. Reason: correction