Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: August 2008 Screenshot Thread

Default Re: August 2008 Screenshot Thread

Quote Originally Posted by conram View Post
    Hi eMuNiX,

Very nice. Good to see you're back
    Thanks, nice to be back, been playing on other forums and lost touch with here. Quite a shock to come back and find that it is all shiney and new.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeC21 View Post

opensuse 11.0 + Gnome
    Love the wallpaper would it be possible to get a copy of it?

Here is my Vista Desktop (I'm not at my Linux Laptop right now)

nbock01 NNTP User

1st post!

Love SUSE very much, installing on my desktop as well! I cannot believe the life that it breathes it to this old system.

Sys Specs:

IBM T40
    1.5ghz Pentium M
    2 gb of ram
    80gb 5400rpm samsung
    32 mb ATI 7500 mobile

Here is my desktop:

Image of Bootloader-Branded - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm possibly just too dumb to have found the option to put this in a preview form(?) but I wanted to post it anyway :x I was trying to figure out how to apply a bootsplash image and found the original image of the girl on kde-look.org, which looked nice but grated on me, so some editing later I came up with this.

I couldn't figure out how the bloody hell to get a bootsplash image, but I did manage to get this to take in grub (3 boot options, listed perfectly in the bot on the upper right hand corner).

Was well pleased with the result, hopefully next week I'll manage to get a bootsplash thing to work properly and I can move on to KDE's splash and maybe into tweaking the actual OS XD

VGA=360 (1280,800), so it fits perfect on my laptop, but I wager would look a bit odd on most desktops :x

Edit: Pic was just too big, I took it out and just made a lil URL link bit :x

Edit2: Friend said I should include the one without the boot selection box too, so :3 Image of openSUSE - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Last edited by vryali; 30-Aug-2008 at 01:43. Reason: Pic is just too big, made it a link :x

Quote Originally Posted by vryali View Post

I'm possibly just too dumb to have found the option to put this in a preview form(?)
    Hey there!

For photobucket you need to go to your album, then tick the photo you want using the tickbox, scroll right down to the bottom of the page and click on "Generate HTML and IMG code" It will give you a bunch of different codes, (some have thumbnails) you want the "IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended" code for this forum..

Here is my screenshot and an example for vryali:

Thumbs up Re: August 2008 Screenshot Thread

Just changed to openSuse today

Heres mine, loving it so far

That cool Advanced Desktop Setup

Desktop and Theme

Some say death boring, I say -- KISS
    Now with new flavor: openSUSE 11.1 PPC on Apple Titanium PowerBook G4 Onyx

openSUSE 11 KDE 3.5

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789