Thread: KDE4.1 : Plasmoids : Picture Frame

Question KDE4.1 : Plasmoids : Picture Frame

I have trouble defining a "Picture Frame" plasmoïd on my desktop.

1. Add Plasmoids => Picture Frame, drag to screen : OK, I get a kind of grey blob

2. Hover, click on "Resize" icon, resize : OK, however it resize the (round) icon instead of the (square) Picture Frame window.

3. Want to select "Configure" : no "Configure" icon.

4. Trying to drag a picture folder on the plasmoid : get the "Forbidden" icon. Same thing when trying to drag a mere picture from the folder

5. If I right-click on the plasmoid, I get amond the choice, next to the red cross : "Suppress unknown applet"

As far as I remember, creating a lot of picture frames with diaporamas in them was quite easy in KDE 4.0 (I created a brand new user account to use KDE4.1 in order not to be polluted by former configuration files).

Any hints ? Did I overlook or miss something ?
    Last edited by Paganel75; 31-Jul-2008 at 19:24. Reason: typo

Default Re: KDE4.1 : Plasmoids : Picture Frame

Quote Originally Posted by Paganel75 View Post
    I have trouble defining a "Picture Frame" plasmod on my desktop.

1. Add Plasmoids => Picture Frame, drag to screen : OK, I get a kind of grey blob

2. Hover, click on "Resize" icon, resize : OK, however it resize the (round) icon instead of the (square) Picture Frame window.

3. Want to select "Configure" : no "Configure" icon.

4. Trying to drag a picture folder on the plasmoid : get the "Forbidden" icon. Same thing when trying to drag a mere picture from the folder

5. If I right-click on the plasmoid, I get amond the choice, next to the red cross : "Suppress unknown applet"

As far as I remember, creating a lot of picture frames with diaporamas in them was quite easy in KDE 4.0 (I created a brand new user account to use KDE4.1 in order not to be polluted by former configuration files).

Any hints ? Did I overlook or miss something ?
    Work like a charm for me

Smile Re: KDE4.1 : Plasmoids : Picture Frame

Looks like there was a set of KDE4.1 updates that arrived seemingly on Thurday evening (Yast => Packets => Upgrade all packets with a newer version) and that solved the problem.

Thank you and apologies