Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KDE 4.1

Default Re: KDE 4.1

Ill try it when I get home. I use 64 bit also and let you know what happends if someone dosent by then.

Hi all, well I tried the 1-click for KDE 4.1 on my 11.0 x64 all seemed to go well, rebooted and everything works...... BUT
    I now have what looks like the old 3.5 Suse 10.3 desktop. My cool new Plasma desktop is gone and compiz /w emerald WM is not running. Im sure its just a matter of resetting everthing, just not sure how to start Plasma.

@ jaybott - Let us know what happens.

@ bolomark - i am using gnome now, so i dont know. Lets hope some KDE users will answer your question.

A suggestion from Oldcpu: Video playback problem - Page 2 - openSUSE Forums

Might help novice users like me.

More information about KDE4.1 1-click install not checking proper dependencies & architecture bug could be fixed.

KDE 4.1 released today, mass dependency problems.... - openSUSE Forums

Hope things work out.

Does anybody have any updates on this issue? Is 4.1 64bit edition working fine with 1-click install? Any further information about the repos being used and the dependencies?

More information about KDE4.1 1-click install not checking proper dependencies & architecture bug could be fixed.

KDE 4.1 released today, mass dependency problems.... - openSUSE Forums
    Seems like the bug has been fixed. Has it been incorporated into the 1-click installer???

for me, the process seem to stop to perform installation.... after a few minute.. nothing happen...

remaining show nothing....

100% cpu

@nanosri
    I just had a look and I get my KDE 4.1 from the FACTORY repo.
    In your case, as you just started with openSuSE/Linux why not just backup your /hime dir and reinstall, by using a freshly downloaded openSuSE 11.0 DVD and when you are prompted select KDE 4.1. After the install go to YaST and select 'paterns' >> Gnome base & Gnome work environment, and while you are at it you may want to install the more stable KDE 3.5 as well.

Make a few users and go.
    OpenSuSE Leap 42.3 / KDE 5.8 | Intel i7 3770 | 16GBRam | 120 + 80GB SSD's | Benq 27" | DVD | PhilipsToUcam 740 | HPpsc2355p | Logitech KB & mouse | 320 +160 + 80 + 80 GB USB HDD's | Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7360 | (V)DSL 12 MB/s | SuSE since 2001

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast