Thread: How do you edit applications in the "Application Browser"

Default How do you edit applications in the "Application Browser"

I am running SUSE 11.0 (Gnome session).

When you click on "Computer", then "More Applications" you open the "Application Browser". I want to edit this menu as I have installed an application from a tar.gz file and I don't have a "application icon" in the "Application Browser"

I also have some applications that are in the wrong group. (for example move an application from "Office" to "System")

Default Re: How do you edit applications in the "Application Browser

Hi,

You can edit whatever menu by right-clicking on the 'Applications' icon. You will see a pop-up menu with an option named 'Edit Menus'

Select that, and you will be displayed a three panel window:

-the left one is the menu navigator: you use it to select the menu/submenu you want to edit.

-the one in the center is where the objects corresponding to current selection are displayed. Those are the elements susceptible of being changed.

-the right one groups a set of buttons representing the actions you are allowed do on the selected objects in the other panels.

Hope this helps.

alfille NNTP User

Default Re: How do you edit applications in the "Application Browser

I can't find a way to follow your advice.

The only "Applications" locations are the Computer->Application tab, the "More Applications", and under Application Browser, The Subheading "Applications". None respond to a right click.