can someone tech me to hack into websites?

hi, I’ve recently noticed a whole buch of websites that deal in “free web-mail” no longer accept certain browsers, or connection types and operating systems…

pretty much if you arent a windows computer with all the latest crap, you can’t view your mail…

so… I really need to access my mail, but thier application wont allow it, so is there a way I can hack into thier system and get my mail?

Bad idea.

A better idea:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/59

Which free web sites dont work?
Yahoo, gmail, hotmail all work with linux browsers,
iceweasel, konqueror 2/3 and opera.
Changing the browser identification is usually enough to get around this, but this isn’t a hack, more of a workaround.
Post the sites that dont allow you to connect.

cliff-s wrote:

>
> hi, I’ve recently noticed a whole buch of websites that deal in “free
> web-mail” no longer accept certain browsers, or connection types and
> operating systems…
>
> pretty much if you arent a windows computer with all the latest crap,
> you can’t view your mail…
>
> so… I really need to access my mail, but thier application wont allow
> it, so is there a way I can hack into thier system and get my mail?
>
>

{chuckle} You’ll need something more than Dialup in Atlanta.

Try the ‘Browser ID Changer’ extensions mentioned.

If you’ve some spare time, try reading this. It’s a start.

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html

{Grin} Good Luck.

L R Nix
lornix@lornix.com

I thought I’d mention something in case anyone searching our forums for info on the illegal form of hacking didn’t know we don’t condone that here: We can’t have discussions about hacking in the illegal sense on these forums.

Don’t misunderstand me: I know this thread is about changing the way a browser presents to a site so the browser can be accepted – and that’s fine. I do it too – it’s very legal. Good luck guys – force be with you etc.

the problem is I tried changing the browser Identification. the problem is the email application is set to only run in windows with the newest IE on highspeed, (from what I can tell from the source).

anyways, if any one wants to give it a go them selves and tell me how they got in (other than having windows) it’s here: My Excite